🐈
» Forums » Clients » Is it possible to get an invoice from the fre...
Page options
b8996f6a
Community Member

Is it possible to get an invoice from the freelancer?

Hi, we are planning to hire freelancers via Upwork. The contract is between us (the client) and the freelancer. For the payment we are using Upworks escrow service.

To get the accounting right, I was wondering whether the freelancer can send an invoice?

Regards,

Christopher

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Christopher,

Just to clear the confusion, on fixed price contracts 2 invoices are created. One of them is for funding the milestone and the second one is for releasing the funds towards your freelancer. Once you have approved the milestone the second invoice will be created with all details I have mentioned before. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Christopher,

All payments on your Reports > Transaction History have official invoices that are ready to be downloaded or printed. Invoices include your company name, company owner's name, and company contact address. If you have a VAT number, that will be included, too. Your freelancer's name will always be included as well. To learn more about this check out this Help Article and if you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your reply. When will the invoice with the freelancers name be visible?  Currently I see only invoices for the funding request of the milestone. Will the invoice with the freelancers name first be visible after a milestone has been paid?

Hi Christopher,

Just to clear the confusion, on fixed price contracts 2 invoices are created. One of them is for funding the milestone and the second one is for releasing the funds towards your freelancer. Once you have approved the milestone the second invoice will be created with all details I have mentioned before. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths