🐈
» Forums » Clients » Is it possible to get back in touch with a cl...
Page options
8222428e
Community Member

Is it possible to get back in touch with a client who has declined your proposal?

I'm a freelancer who was offered a job, but then the client withdrew the offer to make an amendment to the hourly limit (they accidentally set the limit to 3 hours per week and wanted to change it), but then I was notified that my proposal was declined and I was unable to get in touch with the client again.

After about an hour of trying to figure it out, I saw that they had hired someone else for the job. I figured that they didn't realise they wouldn't be able to contact me or send another amended offer after they had withdrawn the first one.

Is this the case? I'm really disappointed because I was excited about the job, and I think the client was too.

Shouldn't Upwork change it so that clients can send another offer to the same freelancer?

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is it possible to get back in touch with a client who has declined your proposal?"

No.

It is not Upwork's intention that you are able to contact this client.

re: "I'm really disappointed because I was excited about the job, and I think the client was too."

The client knows how to contact you.

The client is completely able to contact you if he wants to.

I'm sorry if you are disappointed by what happened, but the system is working as it is designed to work.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths