🐈
» Forums » Clients » Is it possible to pause a job listing?
Page options
3037d71b
Community Member

Is it possible to pause a job listing?

I have created a job and have interviewed a few people who submitted proposals.

However, because of some issues on our end, the job scope will change slightly which will obviously impact on the pricing and timeline of the people who submitted their proposals. Since these issues will take a month to resolve, is there a way to pause the job posting and re-open it in a month's time? If it is perfectly fine to keep it open for a month then no problem 🙂

I saw there is an option to remove the job posting but that is not my intention. I already invested alot of time interviewing a few candidates and will still like to offer the revised job scope to them.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Anrie:

At ANY TIME, you may set a job listing to "private" or "invite only", and that makes it impossible for freelancers to see your job listing when they do a search or browse listings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
m_sharman
Community Member

Anrie B wrote:

I have created a job and have interviewed a few people who submitted proposals.

However, because of some issues on our end, the job scope will change slightly which will obviously impact on the pricing and timeline of the people who submitted their proposals. Since these issues will take a month to resolve, is there a way to pause the job posting and re-open it in a month's time? If it is perfectly fine to keep it open for a month then no problem 🙂

I saw there is an option to remove the job posting but that is not my intention. I already invested alot of time interviewing a few candidates and will still like to offer the revised job scope to them.

Thank you.

You can close this job posting, which will return the connects to those who applied and save the freelancers you have interviewed for when you are ready to rengage. You can then create a new job posting, invite only (I believe this is free) and reach out to those freelancers to complete the interview process. I believe you are limited to 3 invites, not certain how many freelancers you are interviewing.

Or, you can do nothing. Advise the freelancers the scope is in discussion and check back when you are ready to rengage. While the scope has changed, you don't need to change the actual job posting. When you are ready to hire, you and the freelancer will agree on the revised scope and your offer should reflect that.

Others with more experience on the client side may weigh in, but truly you don't need to do anything, but keep in mind other freelancers may apply to an open job and since you aren't actively considering new applicants they would be wasting their effort in applying. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Anrie:

At ANY TIME, you may set a job listing to "private" or "invite only", and that makes it impossible for freelancers to see your job listing when they do a search or browse listings.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths