🐈
» Forums » Clients » Is manual time annoying to the clients?
Page options
mohamedyehia1995
Community Member

Is manual time annoying to the clients?

In hourly contracts, I sometimes take breaks and forget to open the time tracker. So, I add them as a manual time. based on your experience in Upwork, is manual time annoying to the clients?
what I mean by annoying is not that the client will raise a dispute or will give you bad feedback, although this might happens, I mean at least he will have doubts about your honesty, feel a bit uncomfortable, and will not be your long-term clients.

I have been working on Upwork for 9 months and I am still learning how to use this tracker. I have recently known that tracker counts a minute logged as a 10-minute segment with low activity (1 from 10) & you should be above 5 in the activity level, such things the I have not considered before and  the clients didn't complain about but that doesn't mean they are satisfied and comfortable & that's why my 100% JSS mainly came from fixed-price contracts, not hourly contracts

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

What you are describing... most clients aren't even going to notice.

It is possible for any manual time to be disputed, and if disputed, you won't be paid for it.

But if a client is thrilled with the work you are doing, she might not be checking the work diary at all.

She might be looking at her credit card statement each week and thinking to herself that she is impressed at how much work you are getting done on her project, yet she is paying so little. Compared to the previous two freelancers she hired, you are a bargain! But she doesn't tell you that because she doesn't want you to realize that you should raise your hourly rate.

On the other hand, if she thinks you are costing her too much money, whether or not there are a few manually logged time segments is not going to make a difference.

Only very few clients are going to microanalyze the work diaries of freelancers who mostly use desktop time-tracker-logged time.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths