🐈
» Forums » Clients » Is posting a Job-Offer free, Even when I don'...
Page options
7254ae03
Community Member

Is posting a Job-Offer free, Even when I don't hire someone?

Hey Guys,

I am new to UPWORK.

And I wonder, if I post a Job or better ask for help on a webdesign-issue:
Is that for free or do I have to readily transfer the budget in order to get the job-Offer through?

What if 10 Freelancer apply for the jobs and I don't hire anyone, because none seems to fit: Do I then have to pay something?

Or is it so, that I only have to pay something, if I hire one Freelancer, who applied for the job?

Christian

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Christian,

Posting a job is free but asking for free work/advices is a serious violation of our TOS.

You don`t need to pay each freelancer that has applied on your job posting, you will only need to pay the one that you have picked to go forward with and hire them on a official contract.

I would also recommend to check out this guides: Client Tutorial Videos and Client Webinar Getting the Most Out of Upwork and learn how to get the most out of Upwork.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Christian,

Posting a job is free but asking for free work/advices is a serious violation of our TOS.

You don`t need to pay each freelancer that has applied on your job posting, you will only need to pay the one that you have picked to go forward with and hire them on a official contract.

I would also recommend to check out this guides: Client Tutorial Videos and Client Webinar Getting the Most Out of Upwork and learn how to get the most out of Upwork.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sure, I didn't want to ask for free work. Who would?

I just wanted to know how the procedure is.

Thanks for the links

Christian:
Totally free.

Clients posting jobs is free.

Freelancers posting profiles is free.

You only pay if you actually hire somebody and get work done.

It's a good deal really.

@Christian H wrote:

Sure, I didn't want to ask for free work. Who would?

I just wanted to know how the procedure is.

Thanks for the links

Lot's of clients do, which is why Goran pointed it out in his reply, just to make sure you don't ....

Latest Articles
Learning Paths