cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is still there an option to direct message candidates?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Solange B Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
1 of 3

Hi! I was wondering whether there are any limitations to the Direct Messages feature. I just went through the tutorial article and it doesn't say anything about it. but I'm looking at a profile and can't find a way to Message the candidate. It only says Hire or Invite. Thanks!

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Hi Solange,

Clients are unable to communicate with freelancers unless freelancers apply to a client's job post, or the freelancer was invited to apply to the job, and the freelancer obliged. On this interview stage, you should be able to discuss the project details with the freelancers, and vet which freelancer will be best for your project.

Please check this help article for more information about interviewing and negotiating with Freelancers.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

~ Bojan
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Solange B Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Bojan,

Thank you, but I don't think that correct, since I do receive direct messages from prospects so it is definitely an option, unless it was removed recently which was my question. Please see this article on Direct Messaging: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046621873-Direct-Messages-

Anyway nevermind, I have just checked and the client account is not Plus nor Enterprise which seems to be the requirement.

Thanks!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS