🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Is there a minimum payout?
Page options
a5dcc5a0
Community Member

Is there a minimum payout?

Hi all,

I agreed on a job at 30$/h with payments every week. Last week the developer made 11 hours, so I got an invoice for 330$. This week she spend 0,5 hours. The invoice, however, was 25$. Is there any minimum payout?

On the invoice it says total amount 25$

0:50 hrs @ $30.00/hr - 03/25/2019 - 03/31/2019

Cheers,

Daan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Daan, perhaps you’re confused by the wording of the invoice. The freelancer worked 50 minutes, not 0.5 hours, so at $30 an hour that adds up to $25.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
elmcharfi
Community Member

Hi there,

There is no minimum payout for Hourly Jobs, UpWork automatically bills the client the number of hours/minutes you work. After the client accepts your payment request you will receive your money next Wednesday. I hope my answer helped you.

Unfortunately that does not answer the question yet. I hired a freelancer for 0,5 hour at a rate of 30$/hour, which is 15$, however I got charged 25$. On the invoice it clearly states 0,5 hours and in the weekly summary as well.
Do you recognize this?
yitwail
Community Member

Daan, perhaps you’re confused by the wording of the invoice. The freelancer worked 50 minutes, not 0.5 hours, so at $30 an hour that adds up to $25.

great, that makes sense:)

petra_r
Community Member

Daan V wrote:

Hi all,

I agreed on a job at 30$/h with payments every week. Last week the developer made 11 hours, so I got an invoice for 330$. This week she spend 0,5 hours. The invoice, however, was 25$. Is there any minimum payout?

On the invoice it says total amount 25$

0:50 hrs @ $30.00/hr - 03/25/2019 - 03/31/2019

0:50 is 50 minutes, not half an hour. Take a look at the work diary, you'll see that there will be 5 x 10 minute segments

each 10 minute segment costs you $ 5 (one sixth of an hour) and 5 x $ 5 is $ 25.

PS - John was faster lol

Latest Articles
Learning Paths