🐈
» Forums » Clients » Is there any customer service phone number to...
Page options
b0f10a14
Community Member

Is there any customer service phone number to call? I am very confused about my charges. Silvia

Hi there,

I would like to talk with a representative over the phone to go over my transactions.I am very confused about my charges It appears that I have been debited $416.41. However, when I see the contracts I have paid, it comes to $268, plus the subsequent escrow and transaction fees, (.56 per transaction for each $10 dollars). Where the $416 come from? 

39 REPLIES 39
hilltechnology
Community Member

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Silvia, 

I checked your transaction history and you should be able to download the CSV file to review the transactions on your account. I checked and it should add up to $416.41. Have you double checked? Let me know so that we can have the team look into it further.

~ Avery
Upwork
83df6427
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

I am dealing with a scamming freelancer that continued to make claims as if she's working. I recently found out that I've been sending funds automatically. I need a monitor to overlook my last transaction since Nov. last year to such a freelancer. I'm also in searching for customer service number, I have not been able to find a phone number where to call. I am very confused about some charges and need to go over my transactions with somebody. Please help.

Joey

Hi Joey,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. You can also share additional information with our team directly there.
Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Upwork charged me in USD even though I specifically marked it as AUD. I withdrew the job as soon as i noticed. How to resolve this so that i can post jobs reflecting the price I’m willing to pay? And how to withdraw the funds just sitting there. It doesn’t work via the method suggested in the FAQ’s. Cheers

Hi there,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
33e30b1a
Community Member

I need to talk to Upwork support. Bot doesn’t make any sense, taking me in circles. Phone goes to voicemail. Please help. I need to speak to a HUMAN on the TELEPHONE please.
b0f10a14
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

I found this forum while searching for customer support too. I also have not been able to find a phone number where to call. I am very confused about some charges and need to go over my transactions with somebody. Please help.

Silvia

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Silvia, 

Someone from the Customer Support Team should reach out to you to assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
toromix
Community Member

Why not just list your customer service number?  Is Upwork getting that many complaints?

Hi Toro,

Due to the volume of users we can't offer phone support to all users at all times and, therefore, publish the phone number here in the Community. You can access support options available to you on this page by clicking "Help" button and providing some information about your issue.

Also, feel free to ask your questions here in the Community and we'll be happy to help.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, 

I need to contact customer support, I was charged and the work is not close to be finished! I had a "mediation" with the freelancer, but it did not help. I feel like I am being robbed!!! How can you let the freelancer charge all of the money when the work is not finished and badly done??? I trusted you were a reliable platform. I need help NOW and you are not helping me. What is your phone number?

Hi, 

I need to contact customer support, I was charged and the work is not close to be finished! I had a "mediation" with the freelancer, but it did not help. I feel like I am being robbed!!! How can you let the freelancer charge all of the money when the work is not finished and badly done??? I was not even asked when the charge was done. I trusted you were a reliable platform. I need help NOW and you are not helping me. Please I am desperate now, I paid more than $2 000.00 for a work that is badly done and not even finished and I paid the entire project. How is this possible? Please contact me as soon as possible or I will take other kind of actions in order to be heard. 

Thank you. 

Hi Irene,

I believe you are referring to the contract that was discussed in this ticket. You can reply directly to that ticket is you have any further questions or access phone support by clicking "Get Help" here and selecting the type of issue you are having.

Note that hours can be disputed only during client's review period for hourly contracts. Once the review and security periods are over, the funds are released to the freelancer and Upwork doesn't have any control over them. You can, however, communicate with the freelancer directly and ask them to issue a refund.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I am not getting any response in my ticket. I am very upset, because you charged me and the work was very badly done and not finished. 

I never agreed to pay her the total of the project.

Hi, 

I need to contact customer support, I was charged and the work is not close to be finished! I had a "mediation" with the freelancer, but it did not help. I feel like I am being robbed!!! How can you let the freelancer charge all of the money when the work is not finished and badly done??? I was not even asked when the charge was done. I trusted you were a reliable platform. I need help NOW and you are not helping me. Please I am desperate now, I paid more than $2 000.00 for a work that is badly done and not even finished and I paid the entire project. How is this possible? Please contact me as soon as possible or I will take other kind of actions in order to be heard. 

Thank you. 

You've created a similar thread last week also.

Reply from Upwork Moderator on that thread :

I believe you are referring to the contract that was discussed in this ticket. You can reply directly to that ticket is you have any further questions or access phone support by clicking "Get Help" here and selecting the type of issue you are having.

Note that hours can be disputed only during client's review period for hourly contracts. Once the review and security periods are over, the funds are released to the freelancer and Upwork doesn't have any control over them. You can, however, communicate with the freelancer directly and ask them to issue a refund.

~ Valeria

Hi Ramesh, 

I created a new one, because in the ticket, you are not answering me. 

I am also a fellow forum member. Flagged your post so that someone from Upwork will look on to this.

Irene,

I will follow up with the team regarding the ticket you are referring to and they'll reply to you as soon as possible. Unfortunately, after the client's review period is over and the funds are released to the freelancer, it's not possible to initiate a dispute. That's why it's recommended, that the client reviews the work and hours logged by the freelancer during the client's review period.

Please, refer to this help article for more information about Upwork Hourly Protection.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria, 

I reviewed the work periodically and sent the screenshots prevously, several times. (You can see them in my ticket). I find it outrageous that I am envolved in this problems in a platform like yours and that you are not helping me. She did not finished the work by the time she promised and I want my money back because I paid the entire project and I have NOTHING.  I don't need to explain myself more.  

@Irene A wrote:

Hi Valeria, 

I reviewed the work periodically and sent the screenshots prevously, several times. (You can see them in my ticket). I find it outrageous that I am envolved in this problems in a platform like yours and that you are not helping me. She did not finished the work by the time she promised and I want my money back because I paid the entire project and I have NOTHING.  I don't need to explain myself more.  

Irene, if the contract was hourly (and based on Valeria's previous replies, it seems it was), then you are paying for the freelancer's time spent, not for a finished product. If you only want to pay for a finished product, you should use a fixed-price contract and pay on delivery. Upwork can only help you within the protection that they offer. If you choose to use a contract model different to the one best suited to your needs, that is not something Upwork can help you with.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irene, 

As Jennifer has shared, you are given time to review your freelancers logged hours for 5 days, following the week hours were logged in the Work Diary. This 5 day review period starts on Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period until Friday at 23:59 UTC. For example, your freelancer logged hours last week, you have Monday, 11-December, up to Friday, 15-December to review your freelancers logged hours.

As noted on your ticket, all disputes for hourly contracts are based by the hours being logged not the quality of the work. 
 After the review period, the funds are essentially released to the freelancer and they can no longer be disputed. 

You may read more about the Upwork Payment Protection for clients by visiting this help article. I will follow up with the team handling your ticket so that they can get back to you.

~ Avery
Upwork
cde962f5
Community Member

Hi Ramesh, Avery, Valeria and Jennifer, 

I wrote backback on the 13th and haven't got an answer back. 

Can you help me please?

Thank you...

Irene,

I'll follow up with the team and they will reply to you as soon as possible. However, the team will not be able to process the refund of the payment that was issued to the freelancer as the freelancer worked on the contract and logged time according to the terms of Upwork Protection.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I was billed for an amount that shows no record in Upwork in Nov 2017. I tried sending a request in yesterday via your interface but have not heard back and there is no way to know if it went anywhere. I plan to put this amount in dispute with my credit card company. I'd prefer to be able to talk to someone at Upwork and have them walk through it with me, but I guess I have no choice for a remedy unless I go this route. 

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly to help clarify the charges, thank you for your patience.

~Nina

I too have unauthorised charges on my account and can not log into the help centre with my account to lodge a help request. I've been trying for days to contact Upwork.  Can you please contact me about this ASAP? Please use the email on my account.

Hi Regan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket/email as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6e8d23aa
Community Member

Please someone reach out and contact me then, Where is the support ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryan, 

Is there anything we can help you with?

~ Avery
Upwork
f52ef83a
Community Member

I am doing a tv show with one of your writers need help in makeing a con track to get your paid call me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** call me please **Edited for Community Guidelines** am at **Edited for Community Guidelines** ty

Hi Noel,

We see that you just recently talked to our phone support and they also followed up with more information via a  support ticket. Are you following up on the same question or issue you discussed with them?

If you need further help, you can access and reply to the support ticket anytime either through the email notification that was sent to you or from this page while logged into your account.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
50d22302
Community Member

I am in the same predicament I have a charge that I’m unsure of without a phone number for support to enquire further.

Hi Dave,

Could you please send us more information about the charge so that we can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

It’s for this charge I can’t see what job of freelance this amount due is
billed against so I’m a little confused as to what the payment was for it
to who it was paid.

Kind regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

You should be able to view a detailed history of your transactions by going to "Reports" > "Transactions". Once there, you can adjust the dates you wish to check. Feel free to check this help article to learn more. If you still need assistance from our end after checking your transactions, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
33e30b1a
Community Member

No one answers the phone at Upwork support.

re: "No one answers the phone at Upwork support."

Lots of companies have limited phone support.

What is your question?

I am sure we can answer it here or get it to the right team at Upwork if needed.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths