🐈
» Forums » Clients » Is there any way to pay for the jobs from som...
Page options
e6232287
Community Member

Is there any way to pay for the jobs from some account balance and not directly from the card?

Hello there!

I run a lot of contracts simultaneously because we need to translate the website updates and other texts to a number of languages. So I on the regular basis it occurs that I need to make a number of escrow payments within a short period of time. Sometimes our bank blocks the payments because it considers them suspicious, and I get an error ("Update payment method to continue"). Does anybody know if there's any client account balance functionality to put money in the account as a singular payment and then make payments from this balance? Or something else that may help in this situation.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mikhail,

In the way that you are referring to, it's not possible to add funds to your balance and use them to fund contracts/milestones. However, you can fund an entire Fixed-Price contract and use only a portion of those funds for the first milestone. That way, you can just use the remaining funds in Escrow to set up the next milestone (once the active milestone has been released), for that specific contract. I suggest that you check out this help article to learn more and this one for how Fixed-Price contracts work.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mikhail,

In the way that you are referring to, it's not possible to add funds to your balance and use them to fund contracts/milestones. However, you can fund an entire Fixed-Price contract and use only a portion of those funds for the first milestone. That way, you can just use the remaining funds in Escrow to set up the next milestone (once the active milestone has been released), for that specific contract. I suggest that you check out this help article to learn more and this one for how Fixed-Price contracts work.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths