cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this criticism TOO harsh?

Highlighted
Don H Member Since: Nov 7, 2007
1 of 4
I posted the below after a month of frustration with a php & javascript "expert" who took a job only to let me know that the job could not be performed because it required custom php & javascript programming. Ugh. I actually had to pay $1 for zero work done just to have the ability to leave public feedback. Is the following too harsh?: I hate to leave such low scores here, but I cannot rate ****** ***** higher on work that he did not even perform. I'd like to believe that he is a good person, but I cannot work with individuals who overstate their qualifications. I take great care in crafting my job descriptions. They very clearly state what requirements are needed for the task. If you are applying to one of my jobs, please be sure you are qualified, and rest assured that I will leave a glowingly positive feedback for a job well done. And I will be more than happy to pay $1 to call out anyone who wastes my time by taking a job they are not qualified for. ****** ***** misled me by overstating his qualifications. I gave very implicit instructions and asked him if he specifically had the skills required for this job. He assured me that he did, and proceeded to produce nothing. When confronted for an explanation, he stopped communication. He may be qualified to install Wordpress or edit templates, but this does not qualify him as a PHP programmer, or a Wordpress "expert". The only reason I payed a dollar is because it is the only way to leave public feedback on this system. Seems weird that I have to pay just for the ability to warn others of potential deceit.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
2 of 4
It's not too harsh - it's diplomatic, it doesn't insult the contractor, it just shares your experience without turning personal or offensive. It's professional and to the point. It's good to get those experiences off your chest, unfortunately it's quite likely that you'll get your dollar back and feedback will disappear.
Highlighted
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
3 of 4
The contractor will probably hide the feedback and/or refund the $1 and be none the worse for the experience. Take the issue up with oDesk support also. With such a small amount of money changing hands, the score will only affect the freelancer's rating if he has very few other ratings and if they are all for very low amounts.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 4
I didn't know you could leave a comment that long, though.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS