Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in the Billing Method section

Manuel B Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
1 of 7

Hi there,

I'm having some issues with paypal.

Basically, I can't hire a freelancer because it says : "There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again."

Now, in my paypal account there are a mastercard, a visa and my IBAN of my bank account (in which of course there are money in all of them, and they works without any problem in other places). When I try to switch between all of them, it looks like that I can do it without any problem. It say "Thank You, your paypal (email of paypal) has been added", but, when I try to hire the freelancers again, it appears the same phrase "There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again.", despite the fact that 1 minute before everything was good.

Also, I tried to create a new paypal account with only one card that I want as main source of fund. But again, also in this case, I see the famous phrase.

How can I solve this issue?
Thanks

Manuel

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Manuel,

I'm sorry about the problem with charging your billing method. I see you already opened two support tickets and our agent advised you on the steps you need to take. Please avoid creating any additional tickets and continue communicating through your existing tickets.

Fridah N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
3 of 7

Hi Vladimir,

I am experiencing the same problem. what do I do? I need to hire someone asap.

Please help

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Fridah,

I've had a look and you'll need to contact your bank to check if there are any restrictions that would prevent your account from being charged for the payment you're trying to process on Upwork. If the issue can't be resolved feel free to use a different billing method.

Jem D Member Since: Oct 27, 2019
5 of 7
Hi Vladimir

Can you check my account too.
I am having this kind of issue too.
So, I can',t hire freelancers.

Kindly help.
Thanks
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 7

Hi Jem,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with adding a billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Jem D Member Since: Oct 27, 2019
7 of 7
Thank you.

Will wait for the response.

Thanks for your urgent response
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS