🐈
» Forums » Clients » It is not safe to download this file. If you ...
Page options
805a9822
Community Member

It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer

I cannot download a file the freelancer sent and i get this message:

It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer

12 REPLIES 12
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Fares,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your files. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey,

I have exactly the same issue. Can you help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Benjamin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
emangun09
Community Member

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same problem.  Please help.

Thanks.

Hi Eric,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the files.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

re: "I have exactly the same issue. Can you help?"

Use FTP.

Then you don't need to ask anybody for help.

Would like to, but the freelancer decides...

You and the freelancer you hired may use ANY file transfer method that you like.

Dropbox. FTP. Email. Google Drive. Microsoft One Drive. WeTransfer. Apple iCloud. USB flash drive. Etc.

If you sometimes work with freelancers who dont readily I know how to transfer files reliably using a method other than Upwork, then you may wish to learn a few methods that you can easily introduce freelancers to. For example, lots of people find Dropbox easy to use. And doing so does not mangle or block files like Upwork does.

It is important to understand that Upwork intentionally blocks and alters some files as part of its security protocols. This is not an accident and this is not going to stop.

keffer
Community Member

It's a known problem.. can you help me?

You don't need help.

Use a file transfer method of your choice. FTP. Dropbox. Email. WeTransfer. Etc.

tarikzaki
Community Member

i'm having this issue , what can i do, should i post the job positng here??

Hi Tarik,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having an error when trying to open a link with a client. However, it looks like you've already raised a ticket with the same concern. Please allow our team time to further review your report and you will be getting an update here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths