🐈
» Forums » Clients » It's becoming extremely confusing for me
Page options
shummas
Community Member

It's becoming extremely confusing for me

I hired a freelancer for an hourly project. on contract ID: 24149539

He added 2 hours manual time after completing project. I did not know how to pay him for it so I sent him bonus of $60 ($30 per hour) as payment. 

Now, my debit card was currently empty. I realized my charges of $60 are still due. I received an email that failure to pay this amount will result in a suspension. 

I opened up a ticket for help and customer support asked if they can contact the freelancer on my behalf for refunds or authorization to cancel billing hours. But it has not been updated from 24+ hours.

I asked my freelancer to refund the bonus so that I can pay the due amount. He told me to file a dispute then he will be able to refund. I filed a dispute with my freelancer's permission, and he accepted it. 

Now, my due balance shows $0 which means no pending amount. So I presumed that I got a refund on the billing hours which are now cancelled.

Does this mean that my freelancer should still be getting the $60 bonus that I sent him on the contract?

But my freelancer says he does not see any such thing in pending or upcoming payments. Now I'm not sure what happened to the bonus that I sent him. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shummas
Community Member

Edit: The issue has been resolved at both ends. 

No need for further help 🙂 thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
shummas
Community Member

Edit: The issue has been resolved at both ends. 

No need for further help 🙂 thanks a lot!

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shummas,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

It's already solved now at my end Aleksandar D.

My freelancer refunded the billing hours to me and got his payment as bonus that I had already issued earlier. 

I also updated my financial status and so the hold on my account is removed. 

Thanks a lot! There is no need for further followups.

In the future, just note that you don't need to do anything extra if a freelancer bills manual hours, it comes out as part of the regular hourly billing. Bonuses are only for giving an additional bonus that isn't reflected in milestones or hours.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths