🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Job Post Rules
Page options
ae43db63
Community Member

Job Post Rules

Hello Upwork Community Help Center, 

Please let me know the rules of job post. I need to know which are safe method for post on job to Upwork.

Thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Allen,

Please check this help article and this blog for more information on how to post a job. Please read more about Simple & Safe hiring through Upwork. Please note that you shouldn't include contact info, links with contact forms/info or any sensitive info in the post.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Allen, this is a great general guide to posting a job:

Post a Job

If you have specific questions, please feel free to post your questions here.

But generally speaking, posting a job on Upwork is a very safe thing to do. You're basically just paying a freelancer to do some work for you, without the complications of hiring a full-time employee.

If you feel like you can order a T-shirt safely from a website such as Amazon.com, then you should feel like you can safely hire a freelancer on Upwork.

I always want to post this type of format as an example

Title: Looking for Expert T shirt Designer

Description: We are looking for expert T shirt designer .If you are expert please place on your bid. This job is simple task , if you are primary level that's are fine for this job.

Thanks

NOTE: This job post is fine or not ? It's break any rules from Upwork ? I am afraid to post on job. 

Hi Allen,

Your example job post is not violating any of our TOS and you can go ahead and create your job post.
I would recommend to always include as many details as possible in the description so that freelancers have a clear picture of what is needed. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hodgesh
Community Member

Allen H wrote:

I always want to post this type of format as an example

Title: Looking for Expert T shirt Designer

Description: We are looking for expert T shirt designer .If you are expert please place on your bid. This job is simple task , if you are primary level that's are fine for this job.

Thanks

It doesn't break rules, but it won't help you hire a good designer. It says you are looking for an expert, but it also says the job is simple and that newbies can apply. That will confuse freelancers. And you should give more details about the design you want.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Allen,

Please check this help article and this blog for more information on how to post a job. Please read more about Simple & Safe hiring through Upwork. Please note that you shouldn't include contact info, links with contact forms/info or any sensitive info in the post.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths