🐈
» Forums » Clients » Job Posting Budget / Multiple Freelancers
Page options
50eb2650
Community Member

Job Posting Budget / Multiple Freelancers

This is a beginner's question about budgets and job postings.

I am posting a job where I want to hire multiple freelancers to each do the same kind of work separately. So let's say that I want to hire 3 freelancers to each do the same fixed-price job for $1000 each. For the budget amount in the job posting, do I enter $1000 (the budget for each freelancer) or do I enter $3000 (the budget for all three freelancers combined)? Or perhaps I should have created three separate job postings?

I don't want to put the wrong amount and get the wrong result.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jefframlee
Community Member

You can post $3000 as the budget. Then mention in the job description that you will be hiring 3 freelancers. Each to be paid $1000.

Alternatively, post $1000 as the budget, and then mentioning the same deal about hiring 3 freelancers.

It's entirely up to you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Nosu,

You can hire multiple freelancers in one job post. You can fund $1000 to escrow for each contract. Please click here to learn more about fixed price contracts. Thank you.

Untitled
jefframlee
Community Member

You can post $3000 as the budget. Then mention in the job description that you will be hiring 3 freelancers. Each to be paid $1000.

Alternatively, post $1000 as the budget, and then mentioning the same deal about hiring 3 freelancers.

It's entirely up to you.

The best part about using the $3k budget - when freelancers propose to do the job with a $3k quote - you can immediately tell they didn't read your job description.

Thanks these are all helpful comments! I was worried that the budget amount might actually cause the contract to pay that amount, but it sounds like it is just for informational purposes.  That makes total sense now. 

Honestly, it really doesn't matter, because you negotiate each contract with each freelancer independently.

The only thing you should think about is the perception of the freelancers who see your job.

This is what I do:

I often hire multiple freelancers to do the same job.

But I say in my job post that I'm only hiring one.

For the budget, I put the amount I would expect to pay ONE freelancer.

That way any freelancer reading the job post doesn't need to guess whether the posted budget amount is for one person, or is to be divided among multiple people.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths