Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Job applicants sometimes go to the archived one

Ace Contributor
Juntianus J Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
1 of 23

I posted a few jobs in the last few days and found out that sometimes the applicants go to the archived folder instead to the applicants one. And I need to un-archive first to make an offer to the respective candidate that went to the archived folder.

 

I was wondering what is the difference between both?

Community Guru
Lisa W Member Since: Nov 14, 2015
2 of 23

Oh boy. This should be interesting. According to Upwork, that's not supposed to happen. They used to have a feature that automatically archived every proposal that didn't meet all the qualifications (for example, if you specified a certain Job Score or number of hours). We were told that feature was no longer active, and that all proposals went to the same list and could not be archived unless the client chose to archive it.

 

Hopefully this is just a glitch, because I don't think anything is supposed to be automatically archived.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
3 of 23

I am with you Lisa!

Haven't we just been told over and over again that only clients archive proposals?

I am also very keen on a moderator's reply.

Ace Contributor
Juntianus J Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
4 of 23

Well, It seems it was automatically archived by the upwork. As a matter of fact, why on earth that me as a client want to archive the applicants and put them in the separate folders?

 

It is better for me to save the freelancer for my future reference.

 

This happened already twice on my recent job posts this week. And you know what, both the applicants that was automatically archived by the upwork are the ones that got a job!

 

Imangine If I was not aware of it. The thing is somehow the freelancer in the archived folder still can have a chat with me, and the problem comes when I am about to click 'make offer' and it didn't work.

So I figured out that they are in the archive folders.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 23

Hi Juntianus,

 

Nothing is auto-archived by Upwork. The proposals found in the archived folder are those that have been declined or archived by the Client, or those withdrawn or declined by the Freelancer. 

If you are experiencing something different, open a ticket with CS so that they can see what actions were done to have the freelancer appear in your archived folder.

 

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
6 of 23

@Lena E wrote:

Hi Juntianus,

 

Nothing is auto-archived by Upwork. The proposals found in the archived folder are those that have been declined or archived by the Client, or those withdrawn or declined by the Freelancer. 

If you are experiencing something different, open a ticket with CS so that they can see what actions were done to have the freelancer appear in your archived folder.

 

-Lena


Hi Lena,

 

I hope that the general functioning of the way proposals are received by Clients will be investigated. ie not just Juntianus.

 

It's the sort of thing that could go unreported - as I outlined in my original reply,

 

Ace Contributor
Juntianus J Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
7 of 23

Hi Lena,

 

Just to make it public so I reply your message here.

 

Nothing is declined or archived by me as a client. And also, nothing is withdrawn or declined by the respective freelancer as well. So I am not sure how on earth that the respective freelancer go to the archive folder?

 

I am not so sure about creating a ticket or something like that. But, for now on, every time I post a job, I must be aware to check my archive folder as well. 

 

For those who read this, please be informed as well.

 

Cheers!

Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
8 of 23

@Juntianus J wrote:

Hi Lena,

 

Just to make it public so I reply your message here.

 

Nothing is declined or archived by me as a client. And also, nothing is withdrawn or declined by the respective freelancer as well. So I am not sure how on earth that the respective freelancer go to the archive folder?

 

I am not so sure about creating a ticket or something like that. But, for now on, every time I post a job, I must be aware to check my archive folder as well. 

 

For those who read this, please be informed as well.

 

Cheers!


Hi Juntianus,

Please, please take Lena's advice and contact support so that they can look into the issue. I know that you as a Client are probably not too concerned because you can now just remember to check your archived folder, but this archiving might be happening with other clients and going un-noticed - and if so it would mean that some freelancers proposals were not being seen by the Client. If you multiply that up across the platform it's a lot of wasted connects and wasted time for freelancers.

Ace Contributor
Juntianus J Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
9 of 23

Hi Chris,

 

Thank you for the advice. I am aware that the things you mentioned about the impact to the whole platform. I totally understand that. You might also can take Lena's advice on creating a ticket reporting such a thing, if you want.

 

The thing is, I am not sure if the UW will do a thorough investigation for the whole platform by having a single ticket that I would have generated. There are community manager, advisor, etc here in the forum. At the end they should also respond to this forum as well IF they want to improve the services, and they must do (we pay a certain fee at the end for a project). Otherwise, why there is a forum then?

By having something like this issue posted in the forum, makes others that might get affected know priorlly and will take such a conter measure to handle that. A single generated ticket would not do that, believe me. In fact, it just solve my problem but not others potentially, as you are concern of.

 

Cheers

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
10 of 23

@Juntianus J wrote:

 

...

 

 

The thing is, I am not sure if the UW will do a thorough investigation for the whole platform by having a single ticket that I would have generated. 

 

...


The thing is: not a single ticket = no thorough investigation whatsoever.

 

Also, this is a forum, not Customer or Tech Support. And it's not a moderator's job to investigate technical issues and supply supporting information to CS. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS