cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job applicants sometimes go to the archived one

Ace Contributor
Juntianus J Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
11 of 23

After so many clients reported in the forum with Community Guru, Moderator, or whatever you called, and the issue just goes around here?? Next time, if there is a question about a technicality in the forum, so it is better the Guru, The Moderator should not respond to it whatsoever. That is not their job.

Look at the forum discussion title: Why are the applicants not showing up for me? from the recent post. After all this, still it is not the Moderator, Guru jobs to rectify the issue thoroughly.

I think the job description for the Moderator, Guru should be re-defined.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
12 of 23

Other than "moderator",  any  names such as "guru"  that you see attached to freelancers in this forum are only that. They are labels that Upwork, for some unknown reason, gives to freelancers who post a lot in the forum. None of us with these labels (which are gratuitously conferred), have anything to do with Upwork policy or how the site is run - and we are certainly not paid.

The moderators work for Upwork and can be recognized by the Upwork logo next to their names. 

I am not sure where job description fits into all this. Smiley Wink

Though I have to agree that the labels given to freelancers are confusing and they ought to be scrapped - particularly, as semantically, they do not always fit the bill.

Ace Contributor
Juntianus J Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
13 of 23

Hi Nichola,

Thank you for letting me know this. I just know that actually Smiley Happy 

Ok, I can scrap the Guru on my previous post, but not the Moderator one.

Cheers,

Matthias O Member Since: Sep 16, 2017
14 of 23

Not true! I posted a project an invited several people to hire a few candidates and finally decide on one. But after hiring the first person, the job was automatically archived and ALL candidates received a "declined". I am very upset about this, because good candidates are now mad at me!

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
15 of 23

When you made your offer(s), you would have been asked if you wanted to close the job when the person accepted your offer. If you said yes, then yes, all other offers would have been withdrawn and the job closed.

Zuhaib y Member Since: Jun 15, 2017
16 of 23

anyone tell me this answer in roman english (urdu) 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
17 of 23

@Zuhaib y wrote:

I didn't knew there was a Roman English. And that it was Urdu.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
18 of 23

@Rene K wrote:

@Zuhaib y wrote:

I didn't knew there was a Roman English. And that it was Urdu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Urdu I learned something new today!

Community Guru
Kamaal M Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
19 of 23

Very interesting indeed, WAITING UPWORK.

Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
20 of 23

Wow! - here we go again - possibly, with another potential problem that affects freelancer chances of securing work. It's the sort of thing that could be happening frequently - with Clients being unaware of it. After all - why would they visit the archived folder - no need really, they probably just look at the list of applicants - make their choice and move on. Or is there a number displayed alongside the Archived folder? Even then a new client might just ignore it.

Would be good to have more clients posting in the freelancers section so we can find out what's happening.

I asked whether the Clients and Freelancer sections could be combined not long ago - here's link to the thread - 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Merge-the-Client-and-Freelancer-community-posts/m-p/1715...

Edited: ...removed copy of Garnor's reply for fear of getting disciplined for duplicating post content.

Edited again: As Ela has suggested - can we have a moderator comment please.

It's a bit frustrating that this thread isn't getting much attention. it can't be re-posted on the Freelancer side because it might incur disciplinary action for repetition.

And there's no incentive for a moderator to address this thread because there's little concern. Catch 22 situation.

Edited: Lena - Community Manager -  has since replied- thanks : )

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS