cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job applicants sometimes go to the archived one

Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
21 of 23

I contacted support yesterday as I got a warning that I didn't fit the criteria set by the client (90% JSS), when my JSS is actually 98%. Support told me that there is a bug and that the team is working on it, and when I asked, they confirmed that the client got no warning that my proposal did not fit the criteria... I did not think to ask if it was automatically archived. I wonder if this is related to the problem I had yesterday?

Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
22 of 23

"I didn't fit the criteria set by the client (90% JSS), when my JSS is actually 98%"

What we have here, is extraordinary programming skills at work. (Can't decide if a variable's numeric value is less or more than a certain other value.)

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
23 of 23

Gabor, don't be too sure this wasn't by design. As can be seen by a related topic here,

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Member-Discussions/quot-Not-Qualified-quot-I-am-at-Expert-Level-and-...

where Tiffany explains why Upwork should discourage experts applying for beginner jobs, the same logic might apply here, because the client only wants a freelancer with exactly 90% JSS, whereas one with 98% might charge more than the cllient is willing to pay.