🐈
» Forums » Clients » Job listing removal. Where is my money in Esc...
Page options
f4fd28c8
Community Member

Job listing removal. Where is my money in Escrow?

Upwork see it fit to remove a job listing after a contract has already commenced, with the money dissappearing from Escrow and no notification where the money has gone or what their intentions are regarding it.

Huge inconvenience to both myself as the client and my freelancer which has already invested time in good faith on what is her first Upwork job.

Trying to get a response from Support or any sense out of the AI chatbot, is only adding insult to injury.

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

Why you didnt close job after hired someone? Freelancers wasting lot of money to apply!

Money managed from contract now. You can release it for FL or ask for refund.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Andrew,

If as a client your Job posting is automatically removed, most of the time it is either due to a credit card not working or the work is inappropriate. Check with your credit card company and see if they placed a stop hold on the transaction.

PradeepH

Hi Andrew,

I am sorry to hear about your job removal. I checked your account and I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket regarding the same concern. You can access your support tickets here.

Also, I see that a refund is already processed for the canceled contract and the escrow funds are already credited to your Upwork account. You can refer to the Transaction History page to check your funds. You have the option to use the funds on your Upwork account to fund other contracts in the future or we can push the funds to your card. 

Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thankyou for the reply Pradeep,

In fact there has been no response from support regarding my concern, after waking up this morning to the notification that my contact had been cancelled overnight. I will take it on board that this might take  24 - 48 hours before I get a response.

In the meantime I have a Freelancer sitting in limbo, unpaid, having already conducted work for me and I am left inconvenienced having to sort out this mess.

Thankyou for referencing the Transaction History, I wasnt aware of that and have received no notification of the refund.

Regards

Andrew

Latest Articles
Learning Paths