🐈
» Forums » Clients » Job modification after posting
Page options
gidam
Community Member

Job modification after posting

Hello,

I would like to make changes to an existing JOB posting.

Adding more requierements and changing the price.

Will the people who already apply receive an automatic notification with a view of all the change?

Or do I need to delete the job and post a new one? In this case, will it affect my "hiring rate"?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for the feedback Jean, I will share it with our product managers. 

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jean,

If you update your job posting the freelancers who already have applied on your job will not receive a notification about the changes. 
If you delete the job posting and post a new it will affect your hiring rate. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jean,

You raised a valid question and in following up on the information Goran shared, I'd like to ask experienced clients as well as freelancers to follow up and share their past experience and advice on approach they would take and the reasons for it. In my opinion, I'd say the decision whether to post a new job should take into consideration the scope of changes you're planning for the original project, amongst other factors.

You're free to update the job post of course and this is not out of the ordinary but I'd advise making sure to inform freelancers you decide to invite for the interview about the changes, in case you opt to keep the original job post.

If you decide to post a new one, please make sure to close the existing job so freelancers would receive Connects for the proposals they submitted on it.

Feel free to follow up if you have any questions, need further advice or assistance. Thank you for being a thoughtful client!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
gidam
Community Member

It would have been great to have the option to make changes and click on a button to inform freelancers who already applied.

Then they could see what changes have been made. With maybe something like on **Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for the feedback Jean, I will share it with our product managers. 

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths