cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Another Awful Glitch- Can't Access My Freelancer

Ace Contributor
Melissa B Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
1 of 10

I use Upwork as both a freelancer and a client.

Currently, Upwork is displaying all of my client names on the right-side dropdown (I've edited the image for privacy reasons...)

That's where I normally have a dropdown with my company name that drops down. My company name is gone. There is no way, literally, for me to communicate with my virtual assistant. This is not a "slow website" guys and gals. This is one of many, many HUGE glitches.

How am I supposed to tell my freelancer what to do next, or have her deliver work, when the mesage board and my company information has disappeared? She's in freaking Bangladesh. I don't have her email address or phone number.

I have essentiually "lost" an employee, but she's still logging work hours and working on prior tasks. I can't assign anything new. If this keeps up, I will have to let her go and leave this platform entirely.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 10

Hi Melissa,

Have you scrolled down on the dropdown menu to see of you can find the your client account? mine is also below my clients ...

http://prntscr.com/8eqa8k

Try a different browser, or do a hard refresh (Pressing Ctrl and F5 together)

See if that finds your client account

If not try clicking directly on https://www.upwork.com/e/my-contractors - see if that prompts you to log into the client side of your account but triple check if the above won't help you find it first.

If all else fails contact support and ask them to please pass your Skype ID or your Email address to your freelancer with a request to get in touch with you.

If you don't want your freelancer to continue working at this particular moment in time you may want to ask Support to pause the contract while you get access to your client account back

Ace Contributor
3 of 10

have 5 clients with "open" projects and I can't scroll past them. My company name has disappeared. The direct link to the hiring side doesn't work.

I am fed up. I feel awful for my freelancer but I am going to have to close the project down if this isn't fixed by Friday.

I have had NO luck getting through to Upwork on the phone -- horrible wait times -- and my support tickets have now all gone "to the engineers" which I assume means a black hole where they will never be answered.

Ace Contributor
4 of 10

Your moderators edited a screenshot that I edited all the details out of, but you don't answer my question?

Does ANYONE who works at Upwork respect those of us who hire or work here? Anyone????

And you wonder why people are so upset.

An apology would be a good start. But no, the moderators just edit and delete, edit and delete, ignore complaints, lie about the issues and problems at hand.

Guess what? the website isn't merely slow. It's unusable. You can edit a million screenshots but you won't be getting your business back.

I am thoroughly disgusted with this company. I don't know if I will continue using it once I finish up my freelance projects here. I will have to let my contractor go if I ever even have access to the client side of things again.

Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
5 of 10

Sorry Melissa. I, for one, understand your frustration.

It's the end of my 2nd day without being able to access the site and landing instead on an irrelevant webpage. And I'm not getting anything helpful from tickets.

We are encouraged to confine communication to the site as much as possible and so I do not usually take contingency measures to help me connect with clients away from the site. Accessing any new milestone is now a problem. It is FRUSTRATING indeed!Smiley Frustrated

Ace Contributor
6 of 10

i feel really bad for those of you who are not based in the US.So much harder to get a company to help you when it's not your home country.

Do they even have a hotline for you to call on the phone without long distance? At least I can TRY to call being in America, even if the phone wait times are horrible.

Many freelancers in countries all over live from payday to payday, and many are not able to log work or withdraw funds. How are they coping? Are they okay?

How will Upwork ever be able to cope with a natural disaster or power outage if they can't keep their website running when everything should be ok?

So many quesstions, so few answers. The "gig economy" is becoming very depressing to me.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 10

Hi Melissa,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and delayed response from us. I was able to navigate to your client-company from the drop-down menu. However, if you are still unable to do it after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser, we will reach out to your freelancer to help you connect. Please, refer to the ticket I just sent to you about this issue.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
8 of 10

For some reason it makes me uncomfortable that you are accessing my inner pages without permission.

You switched me back to my freelance user name. Does this mean every time I need to go back to my client-side page, I have to contact support and you will manually let me in? Not a solution for a high colume website.

but yes, it's fixed, for now, until the NEXT glitch. I've done something like 5 support tickets this week. I anticipate I will end up doing more.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 10

Hi Melissa,

I am sorry it makes you feel uncomfortable. While I am able to view your pages, I am not able to make any changes or take any actions that you can as an account owner. What I can do is try to replicate the issues you are having and understad what we can do to help you.

I am glad it's working for you now. You don't need to contact support each time. Logging out and back in and switching to your freelancer profile through the drop down menu should work. If it doesn't, however, please let me know through the ticket or by posting on this thread.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Vadivelan R Member Since: Aug 28, 2015
10 of 10

@Melissa

I don't know what is your problem exactly. But here is the solution Smiley Happy

Now, in this thread, the very first post ie your post is disturbing me somehow. So I wanted to delete that post. Lets see how to do this:

1. If you use chrome browser.. right click in the border empty area of your first post, right click, click "inspect element". This will open a window with html. Click on the highlighted line to select it, press the delete key and close that window. Now, in your browser window, your post is gone. Just do some trial and error. You will get it. 

Using this method, you can delete whatever upwork.com's interface that comes in your way.  Refresh the browser and everything will be once again back to as it is.

2.If you are using firefox, install firebug. Click on the firebug icon. It will show some controls at the bottom. on which top left there will be a arrow with screen icon. Click on that and move the mouse cursor in the webpage part which you want to clear and click on it. It will select the html at the bottom. Just delete it using Delete key. Please google it, if I am not clear on how to use firebug.

Not just for this issue, this technique will come in handy in various situations that you cant imagine right now.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS