🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Kindle Questions
Page options
fantastika
Community Member

Kindle Questions

Hello, I have some questions about the Kindle. I have a "Learn Chinese" website with sounds, Chinese characters and English on it. I am wondering if someone can port it to the Kindle...

1) Does the Kindle support Chinese characters, that is, Chinese mixed with English on the same page?

2) Does Kindle support audio files? On my webpages, you click on the button to hear the audio file. Can you have audio files on the Kindle?  

3) Can I embed Video files on the Kindle? I know I can embed photos, but can I  video, too?

Thank you   

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Post a job on the main site: http://Upwork.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jim F wrote:

Hello, I have some questions about the Kindle. I have a "Learn Chinese" website with sounds, Chinese characters and English on it. I am wondering if someone can port it to the Kindle...

1) Does the Kindle support Chinese characters, that is, Chinese mixed with English on the same page?

2) Does Kindle support audio files? On my webpages, you click on the button to hear the audio file. Can you have audio files on the Kindle?  

3) Can I embed Video files on the Kindle? I know I can embed photos, but can I  video, too?

Thank you   

Jim, it must be real scary to be ... at your house with nobody else there. To your question: you might want to post a job and hire someone to answer it for you?

Nothing scary here, just the new neighbor with his kennel next door, and the dogs who howl like wannabe coyotes. 🙂

That was my intention, to post a job, I would post a job, but after 20 minutes of trying to locate the "post a job" page, I gave up. 🙂

Post a job on the main site: http://Upwork.com

Sorry, got my websites mixed up. I did post the job, but couldn't find an appropriate category.  

The problem is so far there are 4 candidiates, all great at translation, but I am looking for Kindle prep, not translation.

You do not need to worry so much about the category. Job postings are presented to freelancers based on key words. So if you include applicable key words, the posting should be seen by freelancers who can help.

May need to be patient. There are far fewer Kindle experts here then Chinese translation people.

If you want to expedite this, then use the client-side SEARCH tools to look for freelancers with Kindle expertise, and INVITE them to apply to your post. This costs nothing. It obligates you to nothing. You will be able to talk to any who respond, and hire any who you choose if they agree to work with you.

People preparing Kindle files tend to be the same people who lay out print texts. The graphic design and writing categories are likely to yield the best results. There is no separate 'book design' category and so such projects fall under both. You need someone who really knows what they are doing and combining the different character sets is likely to be problematic.

Yes, it is possible to embed video and audio files. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths