cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kindly help me!

Ali S Member Since: Aug 27, 2015
1 of 8
I am a client! I have posted 2 jobs.In job posting there are 8 applicants on first job and 5 applicants on Second Job but in my client account there are only 2 applicants from 1st job and 1 applicant from Second job are Shown and these three applicants are appeared suddenly when I am online.why other 10 applicants are not visible in applicants section of my account
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Ali,

Sorry about the confusion. You can check other tabs on the right for other proposals. Some of the proposals may be in the Hidden Tab and some will show under Withdrawn or Declined. 

Let us know if you still have troubles finiding the proposals.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
3 of 8

And that’s the big problem (from the OP message above.) Clients especially new clients, do not know that proposals are hidden, or where they are hidden. This site is not an agency, it’s supposed to be a site that allows contractors and clients to “connect” to each other. Where it goes from there, is irreverent. But the ability to connect is the main point. Contractors not only come on here to find jobs, but pay membership fees, and additional fees for more connects.

It is not up to you to decide what contractor is best suited to work for a client. It’s up to the client themselves to decide and/or pick the client on their choice. To limit those choices by this site, is unacceptable. To hide proposals of contractors who may be an excellent choice for the client is a disservice to those contractors.

Is this site actually an agency? Because an agency has the right to choose certain people to send to a company. An agency has the role of determining what person is right candidate to send out for interviews with companies/businesses and what persons’s are not right. Those that an agency deems not suitable will not be sent out for interviews.

Everyone who signs up on this site has the RIGHT to have their proposals shown to the clients they are submitted to.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 8

Posted a job today.

First 4 applicants were not appropriate to the job.

Cover letters that were copied and pasted into the cover letter area and were terribly written (job is for a writer), not native english speakers as requested, one was extremely rude when I asked questions,

...and the only person that was qualified and had a good cover letter was found in the'

HIDDEN AREA

What the heck ????

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 8

A kudo to Jean for this interesting report of the frustrations she is encountering as a client, finding the best candidate (only good candidate) hidden by Upwork.

But no kudo to Upwork for this.

I actually don't have an objection to auto-hiding genuinely bad copy-and-paste candidates, as long as they can still be accessed if the client wants to look in the hidden list. But it sounds as though the algorithm isn't working well at all, at least for Jean...

The last time I hired, I didn't have this problem. But clearly it's a problem for some people...

Ali S Member Since: Aug 27, 2015
6 of 8
They are present in hidden tab.my problem is solved Thanksss!!
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 8

It's been several weeks since Garnor announced that application auto-hiding would cease, but I gather that hasn't happened yet. Surely there's no technical issue involved -- generally speaking, removing existing software features is much simpler than implementing new ones. Can a moderator give an ETA for the cessation of auto-hiding? 

8 of 8

Hi John,

The hidden folder is not included in the new layout of the proposal page that is currently being rolled out to clients gradually. That's why some clients have the new layout without the hidden folder already while others don't have it yet. Once the new layout is available for all the users, we will notify the Community.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS