๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Clients ยป Re: LASTEST SCAM PLEASE READ ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
Page options
dannytrue
Community Member

LASTEST SCAM PLEASE READ ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

I found out that some people pose as agency in upwork going as far as purchase a upwork plus plan just to take advantage of freelancer by offering them job for a huge amount of cash just for scamming them into collecting their money it works like this.

You see a job offer that says please I need a web site or any service please email me ASAP on

**Edited for Community Guidelines** when you email them and they reply here is how the message will look like.

I just open a new Indian Restaurant which i run now and i need a

website for my business to grow, So i need you to go through this

example link site:**Edited for Community Guidelines** ut i need something more perfect than this if possible,

I will like you to get back to me withan estimate and the estimate should include hostingI want the site up and running before ending of next month and i don't want a shopping cart in my reservation page also i don't have a domain name yet and i will

prefer: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

i have a private project consultant, she has the text content

and the logos for the site with the image artwork,so please go ahead and check the example site and get back to me with an estimate also will like to know if you are the owner or the manager.

Please avoid this people
* they say they have their project private
consultant,
* They never talk about the job only the
money :money_bag:

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS SCAM YOU TOLD TO TELL OTHERS.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Daniel O wrote:
You see a job offer that says please I need a web site or any service please email me ASAP on bxxxxxxxr45@xxxxx.com when you email them ...

...and when you email them you have violated Upwork's terms of service which strictly forbid you to communicate with freelancers outside of Upwork until you are hired..

Those rules are at least partly in place to protect you from scammers.

(Even reading your post 3 times I still don't see how that supposed "scam" is supposed to work and all I can see is you admitting to a policy violation....)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Daniel O wrote:
You see a job offer that says please I need a web site or any service please email me ASAP on bxxxxxxxr45@xxxxx.com when you email them ...

...and when you email them you have violated Upwork's terms of service which strictly forbid you to communicate with freelancers outside of Upwork until you are hired..

Those rules are at least partly in place to protect you from scammers.

(Even reading your post 3 times I still don't see how that supposed "scam" is supposed to work and all I can see is you admitting to a policy violation....)

prestonhunter
Community Member

Daniel, if you know a little about how Upwork works and you follow the rules, you won't be scammed.

I recommend that you be positive, but also be cautious. Before you start anything, come to the Forum and briefly describe what is happening. Check with us and we can make sure you are on the right track.

NikolaS

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upworkโ€™s Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e75d9d1d
Community Member

I have a scam  60$.  Where we go and complaint.i am worried 

Hi Abdul,

Would you mind sharing more information about your case? Whenever you wish to report something suspicious, you can use the "Flag as inappropriate" option that is available throughout the site. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
27b7b8ac
Community Member

wanna that person should be punished .be aware from scammers 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths