cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of approval process for timesheets ..

aj104
Ajit J Member Since: Oct 27, 2014
1 of 4
Hello Note - I have no problem with the contractor but with odesk process I have a problem with the way odesk handle new worksheet process. Money is taken from my account WITHOUT a formal approval process. I believe this method is illegal i.e you cannot take money from my account without a formal approval of the work .. contractor submits timesheet .. and then in 48 hours it gets taken .. never approved. I expect to see an approval button .. NOT default time based approval on timesheet submission This is VERY Mickey mouse. and in my view .. borderline legal .. and no way to treat your clients We will never hire anyone on worksheets again And had made us very wary of odesk itself
jeribirkes
Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
2 of 4
Hi Ajit I am a contractor and I hope you will contact support by phone. If you get an experienced agent, I think they will help you and ease your concerns. I have hired on odesk as well, and that process surprised me a well, but I came to understand it as more of an accounting issue. Please don't leave us!
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 4
Hi Ajit. I understand where you are coming from. However, as a freelancer, I have had situations where clients went off on holiday or elsewhere and weren't contactable for weeks, yet still expected me to continue working. (One of my clients had a baby.) The way the system is set up now, I was able to meet the clients needs while getting paid for it. Of course, this requires a great deal of trust between client and freelancer. How about making the default option that clients have to audit work before payments are sent out, with an option (that must be checked off) for clients to approve automatic payments?
natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
4 of 4

Deleted

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS