🐈
» Forums » Clients » Last viewed by client is useless...
Page options
versailles
Community Member

Last viewed by client is useless...

Got an active job and despite the fact that I'm checking it, last viewed reads 13 hours.

If you can't update it, remove it. Why do you keep outdated indicators?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
4 REPLIES 4
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I don't believe any of those stats are reliable. At least once, I've seen a job post to which I had been invited indicate "0 invitations".

joansands
Community Member

I have never seen a "last viewed" that I thought was correct.

johnhammell
Community Member

Rene K wrote:
Got an active job and despite the fact that I'm checking it, last viewed reads 13 hours.

If you can't update it, remove it. Why do you keep outdated indicators?

If these 'last read' stats are actually incorrect, this is something that Upwork urgently needs to fix. It has the potential to make immediate impact for clients, freelancers and Upwork's bottom line.

There have been many times where I have decided to not submit bids specifically due to the client appearing to be inactive as indicated by the 'Last viewed by client' info. If 'Last viewed by client' is incorrect and/or cannot be accurately relied upon then Upwork really needs to completely remove the feature until it can be fixed so it functions correctly.

re: "If these 'last read' stats are actually incorrect, this is something that Upwork urgently needs to fix."

Or you could just ignore them.

If they are incorrect, and lead freelancers astray, then you have a competitive advantage by knowing that.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths