🐈
» Forums » Clients » Leaked phone numer
Page options
c4af92fa
Community Member

Leaked phone numer

I have just posted a new job as a client, and received multiple unsolicited calls and Whatsapp messages from contractors. Why is my phone number visible to freelancers? Isn't this in breach of privacy terms?
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

May Y wrote:
I have just posted a new job as a client, and received multiple unsolicited calls and Whatsapp messages from contractors. Why is my phone number visible to freelancers? Isn't this in breach of privacy terms?

Your phone number isn't visible unless you added it to the job post, but if there is anything in the  job post that would give away your identity or your company' identity, people who know how to use google will find you in 5 minutes or less. Those may not even be Upwork freelancers if your job post is public. Those people are violating two of Upwork's terms of service, Don't engage with them. You may want to remove anything from your job post that would allow such people to identify and subsequently pester you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi May,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths