🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Leaving Feedback Before Ending Contract
Page options
0cdfb869
Community Member

Leaving Feedback Before Ending Contract

I have a freelancer that is doing work for me and I intend to keep giving him small projects for a few weeks. I have not ended the initial contract.

I am so very happy with the work that he has done for me and the manner in which we communicate. I want to provide him a good review to show my appreciation, but I do not want to end the current contract.

What is the procedure that will allow me to give him a good feedback review without ending the current contract. I know he could use additional work from other sources and I want to help him as much as I can. 

8 REPLIES 8
millermelanie
Community Member

First of all, congratulations on finding a great freelancer you want to continue working with!  As for your question, as I understand the process, you can only leave feedback after closing a contract.  That's OK, though.  Just open a new contract to proceed.  Even though you will end up with mulitple contracts with this contractor, Upwork still knows it is with the same client and documents your professional relationship such as money spent, time, etc. accordingly.  You might want to let the freelancer know what you are doing first, so he doesn't think you are cutting him loose, though!

cupidmedia
Community Member

Melanie's advice is good, and it's something I do frequently if I have a great experience with a new freelancer.

If the freelancer has an extensive history with a good JSS and is top rated, then it's not so critical for you to give them feedback "early". But if you want to help out a new freelancer that you're happy with, it's very easy to end the contract, leave them feedback, then rehire them from their profile. It's probably a good idea to mention to your freelancer what you're doing first, though, so they understand why you are closing the contract.

Can you explain the "rehire them from their profile" process? My client is closing our contract and re-opening in order to give me a review before the work is completed in many, many months. Is there an easier way for him to do this? Thanks.

From your profile, clients have a "Hire" button, which allows them to hire a freelancer (send an offer), without having to post a job, and go through the standard process of proposals/interviews etc...

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frank,

Thank you for sharing your experience in the Community. A contract would need to be closed in order for both parties to leave feedback. Note that you can end the contract and easily rehire the freelancer like Melanie and Jennifer advised, or keep working through your existing contract which will also have a positive impact on your freelancer's reputation.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
hodgesh
Community Member

Keeping the contract open can boost the freelancer's JSS. We get credit for ongoing contracts.

petra_r
Community Member

@Heaven H wrote:

Keeping the contract open can boost the freelancer's JSS. We get credit for ongoing contracts.

It makes no difference. We do not get credit for ongoing contracts, we get credit for ongoing, longer term client relationships, and such a relationship can be one contract with the same client, or several contracts with the same client.

Is not about keeping the contract Open but keep the contract active.

If you have a contract open with no activity in 1 o 3 month, that will definitely mess up your JSS

Latest Articles
Learning Paths