🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Leaving feedback before job complete
Page options
65cd1e07
Community Member

Leaving feedback before job complete

I would like to leave feedback on a freelancer, even though my job isn't complete. This is an ongoing job with as needed resources. I have been using one guy for over a year and two guys for a couple of weeks and I think I can evaluate their results enough at this point. Is it possible or do I need to kill our contracts first?

10 REPLIES 10
yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

To leave a feedback, you have to end the contract first.
wlyonsatl
Community Member

You can easily re-start any project you close.

Are you suggesting I close it, add feedback and then re-open it? Will that
affect the job or rate in any way?

No, Mark.
It won't affect the job or rate in any way.
You can end the contract, leave feaback and then hire again.

Mark B wrote:
Are you suggesting I close it, add feedback and then re-open it? Will that
affect the job or rate in any way?

You won't be reopening the same contract. You'll be rehiring the FL under a new contract, under any terms you find mutually agreeable.

As a FL, I appreciate your willingness to do this extra bit of admin maneuvering to help your FL. We all value long-term relationships, but the UW model eventually does penalize us a bit if we don't keep enough completed contracts circulating through our history.

There is no way to re-open a job. You will need to post a job.
However while posting new job, you can re-use old posting.
That makes it easier as details gets copied.

However you will still need to choose some options and fill some details like Price (in case of fixed price).
The freelancer will need to apply(either through invite or on their own) and then accept offer ( just like any other contract).

If I was doing it , I would also make a small edit in job title ( add something like '2' or ' second phase')to avoid confusion in identifying contract later and/ or avoid any automated attempt at merging contracts( I am not saying this happens but I am just being extra cautious)

I submitted a support ticket. 

"I can't seem to find a way to give feedback to your site for improvements. My problem is that I can't give my freelancer any feedback without ending our contract and re-negotiating a new contract. I want, after 90 days an option to leave feedback on my freelancer. Then every 90 days get a reminder that I can edit my feedback and that would 'bump the date' of the feedback. A freelancer can't get feedback if they're working their first major contract at 30 hours a week. To the outside they will look like they aren't doing anything."

mtngigi
Community Member

Mark B wrote:

I would like to leave feedback on a freelancer, even though my job isn't complete. This is an ongoing job with as needed resources. I have been using one guy for over a year and two guys for a couple of weeks and I think I can evaluate their results enough at this point. Is it possible or do I need to kill our contracts first?

Mark,

If you close a job, your freelancer can go to their closed contracts and click on the three little dots to propose a new contract - of course first discussing with you the job title and budget, etc. This way you don't have to go through the trouble of posting a new job.

ETA: I forgot this - you can also go to the message room that was opened for a contract (the message rooms never go away), and at the top of that page there's a box with "Propose New Contract" ... so you and your freelancer can hash out the details right there in the message room and then start a new contract.

job.jpg

The one major problem with opening a new job is that, for some arcane and bizarre reason, U.'s system assigns a new workroom. 

All conversations and documents do NOT transfer to the new workroom.

This can be (and usually is) a PITA as both client and FLer find themselves bouncing between workrooms.

Wendy C wrote:

The one major problem with opening a new job is that, for some arcane and bizarre reason, U.'s system assigns a new workroom. 

All conversations and documents do NOT transfer to the new workroom.

This can be (and usually is) a PITA as both client and FLer find themselves bouncing between workrooms.

Yes, you're right about that. I usually have to remind clients (and myself) a few times. "Hiding" the old room helps. I wish Upwork would provide a way to archived those rooms. And I really wish we could delete rooms from invites that never went anywhere. It's ridiculous to keep seeing message rooms from years ago with jobs that never materialized.

If wishes were horses ...

Latest Articles
Learning Paths