🐈
» Forums » Clients » Legal checks on draft ebooks
Page options
5177a7c4
Community Member

Legal checks on draft ebooks

Hi guys, I am producing 4 x depression reports, to help people get their head around exactly what their treatment options are, to treat their depression.

I am not qualified in any area of mental health whatsoever, I am just a lay person who has been through the mill with depression over the years and come out the other side better then ever. 

My aim is to be like a reporter gathering information together and putting it into packages, so people with depression don't have to do it for themselves, to give them hope and to inspire them to seek the help they might need.

So, I have to be very careful with the language i use in these reports, I can't be seen to be even hinting at giving treatment advice in any way

I use medical quotes for each point of each report, taken from credible medical websites, for ahich i will have to ask permission for, from the website to use in these reports

What I need from Upwork is this;

Can I get an Australian Lawyer (I am an Australian), to check the legality of the words I use in these reports, to protect myself from saying the wrong thing, or giving treatment advice in any way, or taking medical quotes out of context? Cheers guys in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
5177a7c4
Community Member

Hi guys, I am producing a sales/landing page for a product I have created which is in the final stages of editing. **edited for Community Guidelines** Thanks in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Allan, 

I have merged both your threads since they both have the same 'topic' - looking for freelancers for your project on Upwork. 

I'd like to clarify that you are in the Upwork Community. To start your freelancer search, you can fill in this field in your profile and apply certain filters to be able to find the right freelancer for your project. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 2.03.27 PM.pngYou may also refer to this help article for more information about finding a freelancer for your project. If you need help shortlisting freelancers for your project, let us know and our team will be happy to connect you with our Talent Services Team. 

Since you are new to Upwork, I highly recommend that you read up on the client section of these resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. Here is also some basic information about the Upwork Community (where you posted your questions).

If you need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

~ Avery
Upwork

Allan:
The short answer is: Yes.

In fact, you can hire people on Upwork to do all sorts of useful things.

But as the Forum Moderator is pointing out, you do so over on the main site:

https://www.upwork.com

Latest Articles
Learning Paths