🐈
» Forums » Clients » Like Seriously? Posting removed for Violating...
Page options
84a74e82
Community Member

Like Seriously? Posting removed for Violating ToS? where exactly your bot flagged that?

I am really disappointed with the approach, last time I posted for a job it was removed, now I post to find a freelancer it was removed also and I cannot see anywhere where my post violates the ToS.. like dudes @ Upwork if reading! stop relying on automated scripts and AIs to flag posts.. competitors will eat from your market share.

Here is the post I wrote, and it was removed afte 2 minutes, can someone point to where i violates the ToS?

Thanks

Hi
Looking for an experienced SEO to help us with our ranking and marketing strategy to drive more traffic into our online channels namely:

Task 1:
- Analyze existing SEO on our 2 hosted retail websites (Godaddy and Shopify)
- Propose a change strategy , with Keywords recommendations and its expected outcomes
- Apply strategy
- Recommend and implement improvements after strategy is approved
- Track results progress and provide corrections where needed

Task 2:
- Analyze current Adwords/Bing Campaigns
- Propose a change strategy and its expected outcomes
- Apply strategy
- Recommend and implement improvements after strategy is approved
- Track results progress and provide corrections where needed

Goal of Task 1 to be in the top organic search 1st page of both search engines.
Goal of task 2 is to increase click through and conversion rates while minimizing or maintaining CPC

Even-though initially the task is a project, we will need later on constant weekly support to maintain our rankings and targets on both tasks.

Success stories/references in SEO required for this job
Bonus on achieving top place in organic search and additional Bonus on maintaining top rank.

-------

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Michel,

I see that your have an open ticket regarding the removal of your job posting, and the team will update you directly via the open ticket with any additional details. Thank you.

~Nina

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

Michel:

It is a fact of life that Upwork has an extremely large number of users.

They do indeed rely on automated algorithms to check job postings.

There is nothing you can do about that.

And if you think the computer algorithms are not perfect? You are correct. This means that job postings can get flagged or removed even if they don't violate any Upwork ToS.

You may need to experiment with the wording in your job postings in order to be able to post jobs without getting the postings removed automatically.

Thanks Preston, relying on Scripts and AI is not a problem, but poor automation is the issue.. Is it possible that the posting gets removed if I sent our website URL through invites? now I recalled that UW is an escrow and they do not like direct contact and this might be seen as such an attempt.. but again, they could scramble/delete the link in the invite instead..

I definitely advise removing direct URLs from your job posting.

If for no other reason that to avoid being contacted directly by freelancers who are pests and try to circumvent Upwork's proposal system.

Whether or not THAT is why your job posting is being removed, I can't say for sure.

I have successfully included URLs in job postings, which link to data input files freelancers can view to know what the job entails, but which contain no way to contact me.

Preston, the URLs were not in the post, but in an invite to that job sent to a freelancer.

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Michel,

I see that your have an open ticket regarding the removal of your job posting, and the team will update you directly via the open ticket with any additional details. Thank you.

~Nina

Thanks Nina

Let's hope so they come back.. I never had issues at other freeleancer sites, here it seems much regulated.. and I combed through the ToS, there is nothing relevant from Client perspective that addresses removing posts, while it was too broad in areas and mostly focusing on the processes and freelancers in its main parts.. 

UW came back with the ticket saying the ad was ok, so if you get your ad revoked don't panic.. hit reset and contact support..

magi-n
Community Member

The same issue with me 

We removed the job posting [Hub Spot Developer] because it was unclear or appeared to be incomplete.

Job postings on Upwork must contain clear, concise information that helps skilled professionals understand the services being requested of them.

This is not your first violation of Upwork’s Terms of Service, so we’ve also placed restrictions on your account until we can get this sorted out together.

While restricted, you will not be able to post any jobs or start any contracts.

What’s next?

To get back to connecting with talent, please review Upwork’s Terms of Service and reply to this ticket to confirm that you will follow them going forward.

Please note that further violations could lead to additional restrictions up to a permanent block of your Upwork account. You can learn more about Trust & Safety actions here.

and it is already 24:00 hour my account is restricted I have 14 active contracts all freelancers are waiting  they can't log time . 

Margarita N wrote:

The same issue with me 

We removed the job posting [Hub Spot Developer] because it was unclear or appeared to be incomplete.

Job postings on Upwork must contain clear, concise information that helps skilled professionals understand the services being requested of them.

This is not your first violation of Upwork’s Terms of Service, so we’ve also placed restrictions on your account until we can get this sorted out together.

What’s next?

To get back to connecting with talent, please review Upwork’s Terms of Service and reply to this ticket to confirm that you will follow them going forward.

Please note that further violations could lead to additional restrictions up to a permanent block of your Upwork account. You can learn more about Trust & Safety actions here.

and it is already 24:00 hour my account is restricted I have 14 active contracts all freelancers are waiting  they can't log time . 

I am all for clear and concise postings, but how does Upwork measure this? what is the limit? In my opinion, making laws that are so dependant on personal interpretations and can get you banned from the platform is usually an extremely bad idea.

If we do this with the writing of the posting, then there is no reason why the same can't be done with the price rating of the jobs. They are both based on personal interpretations.

I'm in favor of not ruling either one, but I would find it easier to understand if they are both regulated. Regulating one and not the other seems like random doing and thinking, like a chicken running without head.

Marc C wrote:

Margarita N wrote:

The same issue with me 

What’s next?

I am all for clear and concise postings, but how does Upwork measure this? what is the limit? In my opinion, making laws that are so dependant on personal interpretations and can get you banned from the platform is usually an extremely bad idea.

If we do this with the writing of the posting, then there is no reason why the same can't be done with the price rating of the jobs. They are both based on personal interpretations.

I'm in favor of not ruling either one, but I would find it easier to understand if they are both regulated. Regulating one and not the other seems like random doing and thinking, like a chicken running without head.

My assumption is that they have a look when a job posting is flagged for this reason by a few freelancers. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths