🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Local currency card/ACH in Australia
Page options
joe-niland
Community Member

Local currency card/ACH in Australia

Hi,

I'm looking at upgrading to Upwork Plus.
Can local currency card or ACH be used in Australia so we can get the benefit of the fees being included in the monthly fee?

Thanks
Joe
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe, 

I'm sorry if I may have confused you. If you are eligible to use ACH, or your Local Currency Card, the 3% processing fee is included in the membership price. Upwork defaults to charging Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit and debit cards in local currency for clients with billing addresses in the Australia, Canada, Great Britain, and countries in Europe. You may read more about paying in your Local Currency here. If you meet the eligibility, you will not be paying the 3% processing fee. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Hi!
ACH withdrawal option is only available for Upwork profiles in the US.

If you don't have a real, US bank account you were planning to add, you can get a receiving account for ACH withdrawals from Payoneer.
However, note that Payoneer charges a whooping 0.1% on incoming transactions into their USD receiving accounnt.
Other Payoneer receiving accounts currencies are free to receive money into.

Please note that while Payoneer offers receiving accounts in USD and AUD among other currencies, you can't withdraw into your USD account and receive it in your AUD account. No such workaround exists, just yet.
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

I'm afraid I might not have understood your question.

Thanks Abinadab

I do have Payoneer but I am more after info about funding projects as a client.

Appreciate your response
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe, 

With the Upwork Plus Plan, which is $49.99 per moenth, you won’t be charged the 3% payment processing and administration fee separately when you pay using your bank account (ACH) or local currency card (billing method options can vary by country), as this is included in your membership price (if you are eligible to use ACH or your Local Currency card). The Plus plan also includes access to an account manager, talent sourcing, one free Featured Job per month and more. You may read more about the Plus Plan here for more information. 

ETA: I have edited this post so that the information posted is clearer.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery

Thanks for your response. I above read all the docs but I am specifically after information for Australia. Currently I see credit card or PayPal only. Does this mean I'd have to pay the 3% processing fees on top of the monthly $49.99?

Thanks
Joe
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe, 

I'm sorry if I may have confused you. If you are eligible to use ACH, or your Local Currency Card, the 3% processing fee is included in the membership price. Upwork defaults to charging Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit and debit cards in local currency for clients with billing addresses in the Australia, Canada, Great Britain, and countries in Europe. You may read more about paying in your Local Currency here. If you meet the eligibility, you will not be paying the 3% processing fee. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery. That makes sense now.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths