🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: What does the Time Tracker Track, exactly...
Page options
uaonline
Community Member

Logged 10 hour no work

My freelancer logged 10 hours. There were about 50 mouse movements and absolutely no keystrokes indicating no work was actually done. Other that terminating the contract can anything be done?

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Richard:

Clients are not required to pay for time logged by freelancers if that time does not meet certain criteria.

If the work diaries show low levels of activity, such as you describe, then you may dispute those hours, and Upwork will remove them and you will not need to pay for them.

If the work diaries show the freelancer was not working on your project, then you may dispute and not pay for them.

If the freelancer did not write adequate memos, then you may dispute and not pay for them time.

After the week ends, you have a few days during which you may officially dispute the time logged by the freelancer.

Read: Dispute a Freelancer's Hours

How do I report this? I was unable to find a link to do so. Thank you
lysis10
Community Member

You want to dispute the hours. The link is in Preston's post. At 50 mouse clicks and 10 hours, there is probably very low activity levels, so you should get your money back especially if they were using an auto-clicker.

My freelancer logged 10 hours. Approximate 50 mouse clicks and absolutely zero keystrokes during the entire 10 hours. That sure doesn't seem right to me. Any suggestions??

Hi Stephen

My freelancer logged 10 hours. Approximate 50 mouse clicks and absolutely zero keystrokes during the entire 10 hours. That sure doesn't seem right to me. Any suggestions??

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richard, 

If these were hours that were logged last week, you have the opportunity to dispute the hours your freelancer logged on your contract. You may read up on this help article for more information about disputing a freelancer's hours. If you have further questions after reading the help article, you can come back here, and our team will be happy to assist you further.

ETA: Richard, it looks like you already have filed a dispute ticket. I went ahead and followed up with the team handling your case so that they can assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths