🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Looking into a Client Membership and othe...
Page options
488b6f2d
Community Member

Looking into a Client Membership and other questions

Hello,

I am new to this site but I am looking for some answers to a few questions...

Is there a way to speak/communicate with someone about the various memberships on Upworks? 

How do we determine the best way to pay a freelancer for our project?

What if we have a single project in mind now but wawnt to hire the same freelancer for future projects?

Thank you,

Susan

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

Susan Y wrote:

Hello,

I am new to this site but I am looking for some answers to a few questions...

Is there a way to speak/communicate with someone about the various memberships on Upworks? 

How do we determine the best way to pay a freelancer for our project?

What if we have a single project in mind now but wawnt to hire the same freelancer for future projects?

Thank you,

Susan

Susan,

I've flagged your post to get a mod's attention, and hopefully one will be along soon to help you out.

There's lots of info for clients here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Hiring-Resources/bd-p/Hiring_Resources

Freelancers welcome repeat clients; it's not hard to do more projects with a freelancer you're happy with. How to pay depends a great deal on the project - fixed rate with milestones, or hourly. Many freelancers will do both, some prefer only one or the other. All payments must be made through Upwork, either by funding milestones with money in escrow, or having an hourly worker be paid automatically.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susan,

Feel free to check out this Community board for resources that will help you get started on Upwork. There are four membership plans:

The best way for paying a freelancer depends on your personal preferences, but you can check out this help article for more information on the billing methods available for clients.

There are two types of contracts, Fixed-Price and Hourly. You can check out their difference here.

After you finish a project with a freelancer you can always easily rehire them

Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you, Virginia and Alexsander, for your responses. I
do have another question about payment and the hiring process.
When a person applies for the job, can a price be negotiated based on our conversations?

Thank you,
Susan
mtngigi
Community Member

Susan Y wrote:
Thank you, Virginia and Alexsander, for your responses. I
do have another question about payment and the hiring process.
When a person applies for the job, can a price be negotiated based on our conversations?

Thank you,
Susan

You're welcome. As a freelancer, I only know so much from the client's end.

Once you respond to a freelancer you're interested in, a message room opens, which is only the interview stage. That is where you can discuss budget, and anything thing else pertinent to the job.

I will tell you that many freelancers aren't happy with clients who post one price, and in the interview stage come back with a budget that's way off what was stated in the job post. If you're not sure how long a job will take, or what kind of expertise you need, it's best to make a note in your post that your stated budget is a placeholder only. Be aware that many good freelancers apply filters, such as not seeing jobs with a $5 budget, so you may want to keep that in mind with a placeholder amount. The more information about the job, the better, so that reelancers can make more informed bids - many bypass RFPs that are vague.

Hope this helps.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths