🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Loose Money in Upwork
Page options
7bd0d548
Community Member

Loose Money in Upwork

I recently hired a fake or unprofessional freelancer.

He was charging for doing something out of our work instruction. Eventhough if he did work according to our instruction, he ended up never giving the work nor proof of his works. I've been asking for his work evidence since 4 weeks which has passed by.

On the other hand, Upwork has time limited of 4 weeks for dispute. In total, we lost money amounted charged $150 (on $4/hr rate). I can't imagine if he was charging at a much higher rate.

So, I personally would want to pay higher to someone who has a unique skill/talent that I need as well as professional. But if he does not have any of that, why would a client pays these guys higher ?

Why would a client pays a higher ammount on this platform to a replacedable freelancer where/whom you can pay to in a lower amount ? (asume SAME QUALITY!).

p.s

Do NOT correlate PRICE with QUALITY in this discussion !, because it is NOT correlated at all what so ever ! 

It's more about correlation in beetween of PRICE with UNIQUENESS !.

So I hope upwork find more freelancers whom are tagged as unique to increase the platform's UX and income !

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Why does it even matter what others choose to do? If you want to hire cheap freelancers then hire cheap freelancers. If I place a higher value on the work done then I will pay higher.   

If you're happy with the quality you get at the price point you pay then what is all this about?  What is it exactly you need help with?  How exactly are you losing money, as your original post states?

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
w_attique
Community Member

Am I the only one who takes issue with this person equalling hiring freelancers to buying shoes or buying people???
The problem here, my friend, is you, and how you are treating your CONTRACTORS (Yes, that is what they are called. Not shoes!)
You have been condescending to almost everyone here. Us being freelancers doesn't mean we don't understand the BASIC business terms.
As far as your leadership and hiring skills go, I can only imagine how you treat your freelancers based on the attitude you have towards the community here.
Lastly, MNCs don't ever hire people on $3/hr. It is less than even pennies on a dollar. So, dont expect "morale", "motivation", or other BUZZ WORDS you have used here. It's one thing to pay less, but if you don't even have a basic etiquette of treating people, no one would ever want to do quality work on your project.
If the client is good and nice, people might work with motivation and quality- even if they are paid less. Sadly, that is not the case here!

Hi All,

Thank you all for being a part of this discussion. However, we would like to ask you to be respectful toward other community members even if your opinions differ. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

re: "Am I the only one who takes issue with this person equalling hiring freelancers to buying shoes or buying people?"

Wasiq:

I don't think that is exactly how he would put it. He may think that such a characterization of his position is twisting his words.

For what it is worth, although you may not agree with the original poster's positions on the topics discussed in this thread... his viewpoints deserve a place here in the Forum. His posts represent a clear viewpoint. I do not doubt his sincerity. I think everybody who reads this thread can learn from it, even if they don't agree with everything said here.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths