🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Made new contract with freelancer, they a...
Page options
35dd3ef4
Community Member

Made new contract with freelancer, they accepted. Paid them, but still got charged $36.00 for $10.00

How can I get a refund for the remaining amount that I wasn't supposed to be charged?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Theodore,

You are awaiting for a freelancer's response on your escrow refund request. If they do not respond to your request within 7 days, the remaining balance in escrow will automatically be refunded to your payment method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
35dd3ef4
Community Member

No, not waiting. I paid them already $10. But had them accept a new contract of $10.00 instead of the $35.00 contract. Before I submitted the site quoted me "Once your new contract is accpeted the old one will be withdrawed as a contract". But it seems like it didn't do that.

35dd3ef4
Community Member

No, not waiting. I paid them already $10. But had them accept a new contract of $10.00 instead of the $35.00 contract. Before I submitted the site quoted me "Once your new contract is accpeted the old one will be withdrawed as a contract". But it seems like it didn't do that.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Theodore,

One of our agents reached out to you directly via a support ticket with more detailed information about this.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths