cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Sure My Freelancer Gets Paid

Angie P Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 6

I can't seem to find an answer to this, so I'm hoping someone can help.

I hired a wonderful freelancer last week for an hourly contract. The workweek ended Friday, I believe, but she hasn't been paid by Upwork yet although my PayPal account has been charged. Does anyone know how long the freelancers must wait before getting paid?

Thanks so much!

Angie

Alex W Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2 of 6

There's a helpful break down linked from our "Reports - In Progress" page on the contractor/freelancer side, check out: https://support.upwork.com/entries/23128372

Sounds like your funds are still in the period where they're being held by UpWork as a security / anti-abuse measure. 

Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
3 of 6

I hope Our moderator will help you.

Where is Valeria???????????????????

Cherie H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 6

Hi Angie,

As a freelancer, if she is just getting started on Upwork, there is usually a 2 week waiting period. After the work week ends, the following week is allowed so the client can review the work that is done, and she will paid the following week. If she continues to work every week, then her pay should be every week.

I hope this helps!

Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
5 of 6

Hi Angie,

Let me chalk out the process for you. As per Upwork, the work week starts at 0000 hrs UTC Monday and ends at 2400 hrs Sunday.

1. When the freelancer completes her work week, it is sent for review to the Client. He has from Monday till Friday to complete the review.

2. Once the review ends, from Saturday 0000 hrs till Tuesday 2400 hrs, the amount is kept on hold with Upwork.

3. Wednesday 0000 hrs, money is released to Freelancer's account.

All above times are UTC

You may also want to check the link below:

https://support.upwork.com/entries/23128372

Cheers!! Smiley Happy

Duane S Member Since: Nov 10, 2015
6 of 6

not 100% sure but their funds should be pending in there account on I believe Mond or Tues and is avail 7 days later. All in all I think that the process takes 7-10 after..Please double check with someone as this is what one of my freelancers told me.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS