cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making payments

netboss
Gary B Member Since: Dec 1, 2015
1 of 5

Is there any way to make a payment from a PayPal account that is not listed on the Payment Methods page? I need to pay from an account that, for reasons unrelated to Upwork, cannot be listed on that page.

Hey Upwork, just trying to give you money. Are you going to make this as hard as everything else on your website?

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 5

Gary,

Click on your business name, then click on "Settings". On the left you will find "Billing Methods".  Click on "Add Billing Method" You can add an additional billing account there.

netboss
3 of 5

Suzanne, 

I think I pretty cleartly stated that this PayPal account could not be added to the Payment methods page. (The reasons are beyond the scope of this forum, but they are valid.)

And even if the account were added there, how do you make a payment without waiting for the Monday automated billing cycle? (For hourly contracts)

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Gary,

In order to make a payment on Upwork, a billing method has to be added to an account. All the payment options are listed here.

~ Valeria
Upwork
netboss
5 of 5

Thanks Valerie, not the answer I was hoping for, but so be it.  Just baffles me why a business makes it difficult to give them money. I know if someone wants to give me money, I'm going to make it as painless as possible.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS