🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Manipulative freelancer
Page options
5c89923f
Community Member

Manipulative freelancer

I created a project for SEO and finalized a freelancer for $250 total cost. After 2 weeks of working and releasing first milestone payment of $150 now the freelancer claims he can only work for 1 month for the cost i am paying. I have already activated the 2nd milestone payment.  I ended his contract and he is claiming to undo all the work he did that i already paid for. Please advice on how to proceed with this. Is there a way i can create a dispute case aout this since i already paid $200 for nothing done. TIA

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sagayamary,

It looks like you have an open ticket with our team about this case. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. We will also follow up with the team about your case. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
csvanhove
Community Member

Besides sollutions via official channels (e.g. complaining with upwork's customer services) I can recommend you this, being a Freelancer.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Looking at this it looks like this is a very poor arrangement that Upwork does !

Besides sollutions via official channels (e.g. complaining with upwork's customer services) I can recommend you this, being a Freelancer.

**Edited for community guidelines**

No ... this is called "feedback manipulation" and is against Upwork's TOS. Clients (and freelancers) can be reported for doing this.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths