🐈
» Forums » Clients » Master Services Agreement with Upwork and Add...
Page options
6ecac086
Community Member

Master Services Agreement with Upwork and Adding Upwork Into AP System

My co-workers are looking to potentially start using Upwork to hire freelancers. But to do that, I need to look into getting Upwork to sign a Master Services Agreement (MSA) and be added to our AP system as a vendor. How do I start this process if we do decide to use this service? 

2 REPLIES 2
2591126f
Community Member

Upwork does have an agreement that each user agrees to abide by when they sign up. Also upwork is not the vendor, it is just the market place. The vendors are the freelancers.

I am doubtful that upwork would sign any additional agreement with a company .(May be if you are one of  those very big corporporations and Upwork sees a lot of growth/ Profit if it gets your business to use this platform, it may sign an additional agreeemnt  if that's required. But that's not going to happen for vast majority of clients here)

I am not a legal expert or upwork representative though and that's just my opinion.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marisa, sorry about the delay in responding to your question. It looks like the MSA agreement is related to contract terms, and since Upwork is not a party to contracts between clients and freelancers, you can discuss the agreement details with freelancers you interview, before making an offer and creating a contract.

Let us know if you have any questions and feel free to reach out to me privately if you'd like to clear any confusion about how Upwork works and to receive assistance with using the platform to hire the right talent for your jobs.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths