🐈
» Forums » Clients » Max hourly total vs weekly option?
Page options
72057e6b
Community Member

Max hourly total vs weekly option?

Can I set max hours over project life, instead of weekly limits? 

If not possible, I assume the fixed-price contract is the only other option available. 

Probably answered somewhere I have yet to find through search...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Can you set maximum number of hours for a contract?

No.

Can you use fixed-price instead of hourly?
Tecnically speaking, yes, you can.

But I don't recommend it.

There are advantages to using hourly. If you want those advantages, then there are better ways to handle things than going for fixed-price.

Fixed-price ties up money in escrow, with no guarantee that the work will be done.

If you want to limit hours, then each week just review the work that was done. Continue paying the freelancers whose work you live. End the contras on the others.

You can end an hourly contract at any time and immediately stop the freelancer from billing any more hours. With fixed-price, if you find an escrow payment for $500, then even if the freelancer does nothing, there is no button for unilaterally getting that money back. You have to request that the freelancer give you a refund, and she might say no.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Can you set maximum number of hours for a contract?

No.

Can you use fixed-price instead of hourly?
Tecnically speaking, yes, you can.

But I don't recommend it.

There are advantages to using hourly. If you want those advantages, then there are better ways to handle things than going for fixed-price.

Fixed-price ties up money in escrow, with no guarantee that the work will be done.

If you want to limit hours, then each week just review the work that was done. Continue paying the freelancers whose work you live. End the contras on the others.

You can end an hourly contract at any time and immediately stop the freelancer from billing any more hours. With fixed-price, if you find an escrow payment for $500, then even if the freelancer does nothing, there is no button for unilaterally getting that money back. You have to request that the freelancer give you a refund, and she might say no.

Solid advice. Thank you!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths