🐈
» Forums » Clients » Max quota on invitations to job postings?
Page options
leenaahsan
Community Member

Max quota on invitations to job postings?

Hello,

What is the max quota on invitations to job postings? Is that number fixed? Can it be increased?

Thank you for any insights!

24 REPLIES 24
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Leena,

If your payment method isn't verified you'll be able to invite up 20 freelancer per day. If your payment method is verified, you can invite up to 100 per day.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

Thank you for that information! I have noticied that I receive the "maximum daily quota exceeded" notification after 70 invitations. Do you know why that might be?

Leena

Hi Leena,

I see our support agent has already assisted you with that issue.

Please, let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

I have sent today 8 invitations and it seems that I have exceeded the maximum daily quota. I think it might be a mistake.

My payment method is verified, and yesterday I was able to send ~90 invites. 

Could you please advice?

Thank you!

Hi Mihai,

I see you communicated with our Support team and I'll ask someone from our team to follow up on your ticket again, and assist you further.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

How do I verify my payment method in order to invite more people to my job?  Also I believe I have only invited 10 people to my job so far.  From what I have read, I should be able to invite up to 20.  Why is this?

I have attached a picture of the error I get when trying to invite more people

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven, 

I checked your account and it appears that you still haven't uploaded a payment method. Please make sure to add a payment method to your account to continue hiring on the platform. 

~ Avery
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Leena,

If your payment method isn't verified you'll be able to invite up 20 freelancer per day. If your payment method is verified, you can invite up to 100 per day.

How is possible that I was invited two days in a row by the same client along with 349 others?

Hi Jennifer,

There are a few reasons why some clients are able to invite more freelancers to their jobs, including being grandfathered into the system we had before the limits were introduced. Also, rest assured that we are working on making sure the blocking feature is working as expected for situations when a freelancer doesn't want to be invited by a certain client.

~ Valeria
Upwork

does you charge if we do  more invitation on daily basis after 100 invitation

mtngigi
Community Member

I am genuinely curious as to why a client would need to invite such large numbers of freelancers. It seems a rather inefficient way to find someone good for your project. And as others have mentioned, most good freelancers will not bother bidding on jobs when they see that hundreds have been invited.

What's the point?

Hello,
Kindly confirm
How many freelancers can be invited If your payment method isn't verified ?
How many freelancers can be invited If your payment method is verified ?

Hi Profolio,

Upwork Basic members get 15 free invites per job. If you would like to have more invitations, you can upgrade your job post to a Featured Job, or upgrade your membership plan to our Plus plan. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
565920c3
Community Member

Hello I exceeded mine. I know it says daily, but when can i try again? After how many hours to invite again ?

Hi Diana,

I've checked and it appears your invite limit already reset and you should be able to invite additional freelancers to your job post.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

HI, My payment method is verified but still I cannot invite more than 10 people per day why is it?

Hi Nandakumar,

Our team will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with this, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
579a1d2f
Community Member

when is the reset time for the daily limits?  I have more than one job posting, but the same limit only.  Doesn't make sense.

Hi Vishal,

It appears your freelancer invite limit has already been increased to the maximum number possible. I see you communicated yesterday with our team and our agent will follow up on your most recent message.

The daily job invite limit will be reset once 24 hours has passed after hitting the limit. The hourly job invite limit will be reset once 1 hour has passed after reaching the limit.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Our payment method is already proved... But max invite limit is reaching its limit just after inviting 30-40 freelancers.

Hi Hanu,

One of our team members will check this and contact you directly via ticket and assist you on this.

~ Goran
Upwork

Just as an FYI to all clients:

Inviting more than 10-20 freelancers to your RFP is reminiscent of the old Hollywood "cattle call" casting method for extras.  FLers do not respond positively to mass invites.

Wendy is correct. I and most other professional freelancers in non-commodity fields screen post for number of invitations issued. If it exceeds ten or twelve, I will not reply.

I'm also a buyer on upwork and another board, where I do most of my hiring because it is more transparent and easier to find real matches. Typically my jobs are invitation only, and I spend two hours or so going over profiles, then invite between five and ten freelancers. I keep every applicant personally informed of the progresd on the job, and try to let every freelancer who wasn't selected know why. The most common reason I turn down a response is that the freelancer bid too low. If you don't think you're worth very much, I'm not going to argue.

I've had tremendous success with freelancers. I ignore things like Top-Rated or JSS and look for people with the right skills and experience. About a third of my hires have been of freelancers with no prior online jobs but whose profile convinced me to invite them.

If you're inviting 100 freelancers to a job, you cannot possibly give all of them the attention you should in order to pick the best match. If you are looking for the cheapest warm body to be an artikul ritter, or a googull reasurch speshalist, you're going to get not only what you pay for, but also what you deserve.

+1 ...  esp. the knowledge shared in Bill's last paragraph.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths