🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Meaningless search results - again !
Page options
b9a0cd56
Community Member

Meaningless search results - again !

Search results from Upwork have again gone extremely buggy and un-usable -- Why is this so difficult to get right ? In fact it works for a while & then along comes your next update and possibly recreates the old bugs again .. this is not acceptable at all .. 

Pl. find attached a search I performed & the non-relevant results that are showing .. note that this was a UK specific search ... 

10 REPLIES 10
JoanneP

Hi Subramaniam,

I checked your account, and I can see that you already chatted with our team regarding your concern with your account. Please know that your concern has been escalated to the appropriate team. They will update you directly on your ticket to provide further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
b9a0cd56
Community Member

Well, it has been quite a while & there has been no response - not even acknowledgement of the issue ..  Now, when I go to the "My request" page, it goes back automatically to the main page - why are there so many bugs in your site ?! 

And by the way, that was an earlier isse (going  back automatically to the main page) that they supposedly "fixed" as well .. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Subramaniam,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9a0cd56
Community Member

I can confirm that this is still not working & no word from anyyone.. Isn't the search supposed to be the most important tool for clients ??!

Hi Subramaniam,

I apologize for the delay in following up on your support ticket. I can confirm I'm aware of the issue you reported and can confirm our team is managing the issue you reported as a priority. I'll make sure someone from our team follows up with you directly to provide an update. We appreciate your patience while our team is working on resolving the issue you're experiencing.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

OK, it looks like the meaningless results show up only when logged in ... when I am not logged in and perform the same search, the results are way different & way more relevant. Not sure why the results are influenced (very poorly) when logged in. This is surely a bug - pl. fix ASAP. The results should not differ (so radically) based on whether someone is logged in or not.

Hi Subramaniam,

I checked, and our team is currently working on resolving this issue. Our team will update you directly on your ticket to assist you further. We appreciate your patience. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
b9a0cd56
Community Member

Why is this taking for ever to fix ?? What is it that your developers are struggling with ? This should be a fundamental feature on the site !
I tried the search again - & the results continue to be meaningless. I thought there was an update yesterday and this would be fixed - but still apparently not.
Please note that this is a not "free" service you are offering - we are paying monthly subscription fees and would ideally want bugs to be fixed immediately - not at your own pace ! Plus there is no deadline provided .. very unprofessional !

Hi Subramaniam, 

We're sorry for the inconvenience that this issue caused you. Please know that this has been escalated to the correct team. I checked, and our technical team is working to get this fixed as soon as possible. They will update you directly on your open ticket to assist you further. Thank you for your continued patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths