cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meant to Give 5 Stars not 4.5 how do I change

Phil H Member Since: Aug 16, 2017
1 of 10

I wrote the freelancer review. BTW the freelancer did outstanding work. However, I think I gave him a lower number of stars on communication. This had nothing to do with the quality of the work and I would recommend Upwork remove this question from the review rating scale. The freelancer communication had nothing to do with his ability to perform Adobe Photoshop work. However, the rating is done and it came out 4.5 instead of 5.0 starts. How do I put back the one half star so the freelancer will show 5 stars from me. Please let me know. Thanks! 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

The freelancer can go to the contract and click on "Allow Client to change feedback."

3 of 10

Thanks this worked!

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 10

Tell your freelancer to go to the closed contract. There is an option for the freelancer to request a feedback revision. Looks like this:

Screen shot 2017-08-16 at 9.55.39 PM.png

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
5 of 10

I think it's an important consideration. Yes, getting a high quality of work is the main thing, and if the freelancer delivered then that's your main objective acheived... but if you spend half your day trying to explain something to a freelancer who isn't getting even the simplest of instructions... then there should be a way and a means to address that using the different categories within the feedback. 

I'm not saying that's what happened to you, and if you want to change it then that's your decision, but I don't think it should be removed altogether. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 10

Hi Phil,

As already advised, please ask your freelancer to enable the option to change your feedback and you should be able to use the Edit button below your feedback in the contract's workroom to update the ratings.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 10

4.5 stars is a very good score!

Not everybody exhibits perfect 5-star communication skills.

When I work as a freelancer, I rarely do. And I am often marked down in this category. I'm fine with that.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
8 of 10

@Preston H wrote:

Not everybody exhibits perfect 5-star communication skills.

When I work as a freelancer, I rarely do. And I am often marked down in this category. I'm fine with that.

Ask your clients to come here. They'll see that you do communicate.

:-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
9 of 10

Many thanks to all the comments and suggestions! I was able to update the communication rating.

As I mentioned before Upwork should refine the questions in that category to be more specific.

Thanks 

Ace Contributor
Matthew M Member Since: May 22, 2013
10 of 10

I understand the frustration over this. As a freelancer who has also hired other freelancers, I feel the communication aspect is better as a guide for freelancers rather than clients. If a client repeatedly ignores my emails, is never available, never offers feedback, then I will mark them down as a problematic client for other freelancers.

For example, I once had a contract with a client who ignored most of my emails and never offered feedback. She paid for the work though, so that was not a problem. Until one day (after about a year) she ended the contract saying her client wasn't happy with what I had been producing. I lost a contract because she couldn't be bothered to keep in touch with me to give me pointers and direction, even when I kept asking for it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS