🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Meeting/appointment functionality
Page options
257226b0
Community Member

Meeting/appointment functionality

Hi Upwork,

First your site is great, very efficient and professional to contract freelancers.

I was wondering if you could implement a "meeting" functionality to automate meeting planification with freelancers. It's somewhat cumbersome to ask for availability, check and double-check time-zones, when you want to plan a video call with a contractor. Maybe it could be easily automated. What do you think?

Thanks,

Vincent

15 REPLIES 15
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vincent, 

Thanks you for your feedback, I'll share it with our team. In the meantime, note that you can find the freelancer's time zone and current local time on their profile.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
bz4544
Community Member

I second that Vladimir!

If the full functionality is too much to build, it would be very helpful to at least be able to send a calendar inviation to the freelancer since UpWork does not want us exchanging emails or communicating off the platform.

Calendly or something similar might be an easy fix.

You can communicate with your freelancer through any method that you both agree to - email, Skype, etc.  I communicate with my clients by telephone and email but I always copy the email content to the Upwork Messenger just to be careful and I submit work both ways.

You can't communicate on any platform prior to starting the contract.  The meeting functionality would be very helpful during the "sales" phase.

mtngigi
Community Member

BL B wrote:

I second that Vladimir!

If the full functionality is too much to build, it would be very helpful to at least be able to send a calendar inviation to the freelancer since UpWork does not want us exchanging emails or communicating off the platform.

Calendly or something similar might be an easy fix.

I second Mary's comment. We are most certainly allowed to communicate outside of Upwork; as long as job and payment stay on Upwork, it's fine to do that. Given Upwork's proclivity for down time, I typically suggest to my clients that we set up alternate ways to communicate.

Hi,

I also think the same. Should have a "meeting invite" option, that syncs with calender.

Any update on this request?

100% agree with you!  It's unfortunate Upwork hasn't yet incorporated this yet.

kagen101
Community Member

For clients to schedule calls with you on already accepted jobs this would be great.

There is a Calender that tracks your time working on jobs, pretty sure that can be exposed for jobs sheduling as well

yes

leogodin217
Community Member

This seems like a great idea. As a freelancer, I use Calendly. The clients can pick any open slot. Only a few people have used it, but it's really nice. 

bryanandrew
Community Member

I would love the ability to send prospective clients meeting invites.  I can't tell you how many times clients have missed planned meetings with me because they didn't put it in their calendar.  I would use calendly.com etc but I am afraid of getting dinged for circumvention.  

Hi Bryan Andrew,

You are free to use a scheduling tool that does not require the sharing of contact information. You may also use Upwork Messages to discuss and set up an interview. Since we are constantly looking at ways to improve our site, we will pass your feedback on to our team.

~ Joanne
Upwork
aftabhusain2277
Community Member

Upwork it is high time you build a calendly sync tool or similar.

It'd make me and my clients more efficient. 

abut2269
Community Member

good information 

abut2269
Community Member

thanks u

please contact me

Latest Articles
Learning Paths