🐈
» Forums » Clients » Merge accounts? Separate company and personal...
Page options
1c6a14d1
Community Member

Merge accounts? Separate company and personal accounts

I have a question: I have recently created an Upwork account for a company I am working at full time. We will be clients on Upwork.

I also have a separate personal account on Upwork registered with a different email.

I have just checked the policies of Upwork and saw that apparently this is against the rules, and one person should only have one account.

What is the solution in this case, could the accounts be merged?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Yaroslav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please confirm if you create multiple freelancer accounts? If so could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the accounts you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts as this is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. If you created multiple client accounts this is not a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NikolaS

Hi Yaroslav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please confirm if you create multiple freelancer accounts? If so could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the accounts you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts as this is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. If you created multiple client accounts this is not a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1c6a14d1
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

No, I actually have only one freelancer account registered with my personal email address, and I recetnly started managing our company client account, this one is registered with the company email (the accounts are not talking to each other, like our company is not hiring me as freelancer etc.) So I guess here there is no violation of any Upwork policy, do I understand it correctly?

Thanks,

Yaroslav

Hi Yaroslav, 

On Upwork you can be added as a team member to a client company and given admin or hiring manager permissions. That's not only allowed, that'd be the best set up for a situation where you need to manage a company account, because it will allow you to access jobs and contracts on the clients company account without having to use a separate login. The companies where you're a team member will show in the context drop down when you click on the icon in the upper right corner. Check out this help article for more information about team members and permissions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Could someone please get in touch with me directly via phone or email as per the following:

I created a company/client account eight years ago I have used it extensively.  However, Due to changing my phone and losing all passwords include in the email address of associated with, I no longer have access to this client account.

I do not have access to the email address originally set up.

This account that I am now messaging from is my personal account.

I would like to know if and how I can gain screws to the old "clieht" account and additionally how exactly to merge the accounts.

Please advise, and my preference is that someone from your company calls me directly.

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,

James "JD"  

*gain access 

Hi James,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your client account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for your client account so I could forward this to the appropriate team to assist you further?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths