cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Merging/closing accounts

b2885f98
Chiara S Member Since: Mar 30, 2021
1 of 9

I have an Upwork client account with an email address from Gmail that I'd like to close.

I also have a freelancer AND client account with a Yahoo email which I want to continue to use, but once the Upwork Gmail account is closed, I want to switch the settings to use my Gmail address instead.Can you help please?

When I go to 'Delete account' on my Gmail Upwork account it says I have to contact Support Services.

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2 of 9

Hi Chiara,

Could you please send me a private message with more information along with the Upwork usernames or registered email addresses so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kiarawl
3 of 9

I don't seem to be able to send you a private message. When I click on your link to send you a message, the message says:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 14173021.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4 of 9

Hi Chiara,

You were not able to send private messages due to your Community rank. Now that it updated (it takes up to two hours), you should be able to send them.

However, as we already have both of your accounts here, there is no need for a private message.

Regarding your concern, we can go ahead and close the account with the Gmail address (the account from which you posted first on this thread) and after that, you can go to Settings > My Info and update the email address. Would you like us to go ahead and close the account?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kiarawl
5 of 9

Yes please, delete my Gmail Upwork account!

b2885f98
6 of 9
Yes please! Close my Gmail Upwork account.
andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
7 of 9

Hi Chiara,

Thanks for confirming! Your account has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
1526c999
Christopher T Member Since: Jun 8, 2021
8 of 9

I am having difficulty closing and merging old accounts.   I've contacted support and they have been unable to assist.   I have several businesses that I own.    Many of these businesses have accounts that are no longer in use and are associated with a credit card that needs to be removed.   I am unable to use this credit card with my new account because the system says it's been used on 7 other accounts, three of which are active and 4 inactive.     I would like to close the inactive accounts associated with my credit card.   Upwork support said they are unable to close the inactive accounts because I still have active accounts.   This makes no sense.     I need to speak to someone to resolve this issue as I would like to avoid cancelling the card altoghether.  Please give me advice on how to resolve this issue.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
9 of 9

Hi Christopher,

I can see that you already have an open ticket. I have gone ahead and followed up with the team that's handling your case. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS