Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message System Down

Community Leader
Charlie E Member Since: Aug 2, 2015
1 of 13

Hello,

The message system is currently down for me. I cannot communicate with my freelancer. Unfortunately, we did not exchange personal emails/telephone etc. 

I need to access some attachments that were sent via message system by my freelancer. This is very time sensitive. 

Is there a work around to access my attachments while the message system is down?

Community Leader
2 of 13

Message system is back up again. Nevermind...

Community Leader
3 of 13

I spoke too soon. Looks like it's down again. Smiley Frustrated

Luckily I was able to grab what I needed during the short window of uptime. 

Success! Smiley Very Happy

Community Leader
4 of 13

My freelancer sent me some mockup's that I need to forward on ASAP. I know this because I received an email notification that the freelancer posted an attachment. 

When I went to login to the message system, I encountered the "spinning wheel of death".

Upwork, this is happening on a daily basis. Our workflow is beign seriously disrupted. 

What is the point of having a message syetem that only functions for 2 hours per day at random times throughout the day.

Can you please give us some update on the status of the messaging system and when we can expect this to be fixed?

And please don't tell me to clear my cache and cookies...

Thanks.

Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
5 of 13

"And please don't tell me to clear my cache and cookies..."

Or they usually tell you to use a different browser. Smiley Frustrated

Community Leader
6 of 13

There was a funny British show I used to watch called "The IT Crowd". 

It was essentially about a small IT department in a big London based company. 

One of the running jokes was that whenever somebody called IT, they would pick up the phone and automatically say : "Have you tried turning it off and on again?". 

Upwork support (nice people) remind me of that show. 

Whenever someone over on Facebook complains about something serious like the site being down, the poor Facebook support person always copy and pastes the line:

"Try clearing your cache, cookeies, changing your browser or changing your computer" Smiley Very Happy

Classic IT support....

Ace Contributor
Vitalij R Member Since: Nov 11, 2014
7 of 13

Hi.

May be try to contact with your freelancer via Upwork notification email and ask him for usual email or Skype for delivering all nessary files.

Sincerely, Vitalij - Top Rated brochure designer.
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 13

Yesterday I had both a client I'm working for, and a contractor working for me (on unrelated projects) send me messages with attachments and those messaged never reached me.

We ended up needing to use regular email.

Right now it would much better if Upwork removed the attachment button rather than present it and have people believe incorrectly that sending attachments is possible.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 13

Yeah, same happened to me last week. Sent attachment but client never got notification. Ping your contractors/clients if you don't hear from them!

Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
10 of 13

@Vitalij

It is against community guidelines to post a link to your profile in forum posts. You might want to remove it before the hammer comes down. :-)

edit...never mind. Profile links ARE allowed...nothing to see here.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS