🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Messages glitch
Page options
c8e89f0d
Community Member

Messages glitch

Hello, I have used upwork for over 2 years and never had this issue. I am having an issue where my messages are blinking like a glitch and i cannot scroll or view messages or click links. its mainly oinly happening in the messages screen. i am having small glitches elswhere on the site like when i click a link it will take me direclty to a different page. for instance i clicke help and support and it takes me to the homepage. Not sure if they are related or not. The messages glitch is my main concern becuase thats what i use daily and its been going on for over a week now. I tried to clear my cookies and cache, and do some things like that. If anyone has suggestiions please help. thanks in advance 

56 REPLIES 56
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c8e89f0d
Community Member

thanks, will look out for the support ticket. 

f65efac7
Community Member

Hi,
The same thing is happening for me 😞

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lucia, 

Before I proceed, could you please try troubleshooting steps such as clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? I'll wait on your update!

~ Avery
Upwork
laurariggs
Community Member

Hi, 

I am also having the same issue. 

Thanks. 

Hi Laura,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser. If you`re still experiencing the same issue after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. I am having the same issue. How can I clear cache or cookies in Macbook Pro laptop?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ronna Bella, 

It depends on your the browser you are using, but you can click on this link so that your cookies can be cleared. Please let us know if the issue persists if you try another browser, or have tried the troubleshooting steps above. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7458e8b6
Community Member

Hi .. I am also having this issue and i have cleared my cache as you suggested.. I'm using a macpro aswell

Hi Neil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further as soon as possible, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Terrible answer 🙂 Safari is on over 1 billion devices. Please provide a fix for this, makes it impossible to work on iPad. Clear history and cookies does not work...

Thanks! 

Hi Randy,

Did you try logging in with another browser? If yes, what type of browser did you use? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am experiencing the same problem. I cleared my cache and I have tried a different browser and the issue still persists. I really need this to be fixed the soonest time possible because I can't reply to prospect clients who have responded to my proposal. 

Hi Charles, 

Could you please confirm what seems to be the issue on your end so that I can assist you further? Does the messages page blink like there's some glitch, or are you unable to load the messages page? 

~ Avery
Upwork

When i open a message, the message keeps blinking fast. And you cant scroll down and read the message. I can open the message page but it's blinking and cannot be scrolled. 

Thanks for sharing more information, Charles. 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Still having the issue "blink on messages" and I can not read my message nor reply to them.

My OS is Safari 10.1.2

Hi Lourdes, 

Could you please try using a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox to see if the issue persists?

~ Avery
Upwork

I have the same issue i have cleared my catche but it still same as previous

Hi Farwa,

Could you please share more details about the problem you`re experiencing? If you have screenshots from your end as well, feel free to share them via PM with me. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e7e1454d
Community Member

Same flickering problem on a MacBook Air.... feel like I'm going to have an epileptic seizure! jk ..... but still extremely frustrating.

renata101
Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issues with flickering on Safari.

If I'm logging in to Upwork, lately I either use Opera or Firefox.

Hi Renata,

I've shared your concern with our customer support team and one of the team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi dear friends.

What if I say that I was able to send empty message in Upwork app when I was texting with client?

Can this be associated as a problem?

Hi David, 

Just to confirm, you send this empty messages using the mobile app?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your time.

No, I'm using desktop app.

Windows 10 Pro if this will help.

I can send some screeenshoots if that will help.

What I need to remove from screenshots(client name, my name)?

Hi David, 

If you are able to send screen grabs, making sure that you black out any identifying information, I'll include it in our report so that the team can investigate it further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Sure.

I don't remember how this happen, but i send 3 empty messages to the client.

I write something or i send some files, I don't remember.

The client was shockedSmiley Very Happy

Thanks, David! 

I'll go ahead and share this with the team for their reference. If you can also share your app's version, and your phone's OS and version, that would be great.

~ Avery
Upwork

Desktop App on WIndows 10

Version 5.2.1.699
(FE1905 )

I don't have smartphone.

Hi David, 

I wanted to clarify if you use the Upwork Desktop App to send messages, or do you exchange messages through your desktop's browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork

I use the Upwork Desktop App

Thank you for the details David,

Could you also submit a ticket from the app as well, our team will need the logs as well to investigate it further? You can do this by clicking on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for your time.

I don't think that they can get log files for that day. As I understand the Upwork desktop application removes old logs and keep logs with an interval of 5 days (I watched).

The earliest log was from 2019/04/11

Hi David,

Just to confirm that I`ve already escalated this to the appropriate team and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i can't believe this is still happening and upwork haven't fix it yet. it is flashing like crazy on my Safari broswer.....

Hi Ben,

Could you please try using another browser preferably Chrome or FireFox and let me know if you`re having the same problem? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths