🐈
» Forums » Clients » Messaging Multiple Freelancers
Page options
shannon_terrell
Community Member

Messaging Multiple Freelancers

Right now, there doesn't appear to be any option to send a message to multiple freelancers at once. The only option that comes close is adding multiple freelancers to a 'Room.' But doing so would allow all people in the room to interact with one another - this is NOT something I'm looking for. I simply want a way to communicate a quick request to multiple freelancers at one time. Right now, in order to send a work request for content, I must individually look up every freelancer by name, enter the message in their private 'Room,' then go onto the next. It's unbelievably time consuming and tedious. There should be a way to add multiple freelancers into a group 'folder' or something of the like, to allow me to send a group message without having them all be able to have a group conversation. I want the conversations to remain one on one, as they are now. Just the option to send a message to multiple users at once.

11 REPLIES 11
noirre
Community Member

Hi Shannon,

I believe that at this time, the best way to do that would be to ask for an e-mail address from all the freelancers and send them all an e-mail with the addresses put in the bcc-field so that the freelancers do not see each others e-mail addresses. It takes the communication out of the platform, but as long as contracts are in place and the payment is still made through the platform, that is completely fine - and with the recent problems with the messaging system (loading problems and missing notifications), it is a good way to make sure freelancers are getting the messages.

natacharodriguez
Community Member

There is an option to send a message to the whole team http://screencast.com/t/iPrx3ggwEb

916bcdd0
Community Member

... typical **Edited for Community Guidelines** design. and you didn't mention, even with Room concept, you hv to manually enter each one, YOU CANNOT JUST SELECT OR PICK

... and i see my Membeership Date completely wrong!

Use Slack. Or email. Or similar.

Upwork does not currently have such functionality.

indeed. rubbish functionality.

Hi Donald,

Could you please send us the screenshot from your end so that we can better assist you? 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hey I need the same functionality. We communicate project-related feedback or guidelines to multiple freelancers but it is cumbersome to mention the same message again and again to multiple people after finding their names from the inbox. I hope Upwork looks into this. It will be a definite time saver.

0c77d172
Community Member

YES!

Having the ability to send all people that are shortlisted a quick message saying Thanks, we are reviewing proposals and we expect to award in a few days would save tons of time.

All it needs is a checkbox beside each Proposal in the Review Proposals screen and a popup to type the message into. 

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'll pass this along to the appropriate team.

- Pradeep H.

Upwork

... anything like that.

i think prob the other way ...

you open a message form and then you havesidebar where yo can select all
or ctrl/shift-Enter to select some

Guru has this function although they implement differently
Latest Articles
Learning Paths